Microsoft has announced through its by the Numbers webpage that its Windows Phone Store is now home to over 300,000 apps. This doesn't begin to compare with Apple and Google, but it's a big milestone for Windows Phone, and Microsoft.
A Microsoft spokesperson spoke with The Next Web, where they said: "We have more than 300,000 Windows Phone apps today and the Windows Phone Store continues to grow. In the past year alone the Windows and Windows Phone app catalog has grown 94%, while the number of active developers has grown by 50%".
The company was asked when it reached the 300,000 app milestone, where TNW was told the data: "is as of end of June 2014". If we rewind to December 2013, Microsoft had 200,000 apps and rewinding further to June 2012, it had just 100,000 apps. So we're seeing many more apps uploaded to the Windows Phone Store as time goes on, with over 100,000 apps uploaded within the last six months alone.
Last updated: Aug 8, 2014 at 11:26 pm CDT
- Xmas Deals at GoodOffer24: Extra 20% OFF Antivirus + FREE Windows 10
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- Spring promotion: Windows 10 Pro key $10.55 + Office 2019 Pro $33.96
- Black Friday at GoodOffer24: Windows 10 Pro for just $10.62 and more
- Coronavirus is on your phone, here's how you can clean it properly
- > NEXT STORY: IBM develops 4096 core processor that mimics a brain
- < PREVIOUS STORY: ADATA unveils its enthusiast-ready DDR4 memory, XPG Z1 RAM at 2.8GHz