We first saw Spotify's Discover service back in December and now the music streaming giant has began rolling out the music discovery page to its users. The new page allows users to "Discover and Sample" new music, something that was previously hard to do.
"With the Discover page, we're making good on our promise of helping you choose what to listen to when faced with millions of songs," Spotify Chief Product Officer Gustav Söderström said in a statement. "We've made your listening experience more personal, more social, and more current."
The new Discover Page will include the following features:
- New personalised recommendations every day based on the music you love
- New releases from the artists you follow
- All the music and playlists shared by friends and trendsetters you follow
- Find out when an artist you love is touring near you - the information will just bubble up through recommended shows from Songkick
- Related Music: play a song and get instant recommendations on what to play next
As of this writing the "Discover" page is available to all Spotify users on the web-based app, and the company says that it will "gradually" roll out the new feature to desktop and mobile apps in the coming weeks.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- Spotify is giving out Google Home Minis to any Premium US subscriber
- Spotify won't be splicing your music with political ads in 2020
- Best iTunes Alternatives for macOS Catalina and Windows 2020
- Streaming has consumed 80% of the US music market, was just 7% in 2010
- TikTok owner rumored to release Spotify killer music streaming app
- > NEXT STORY: Google Glass to get porn app from adult Android app maker MiKandi
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Microsoft releases updated Office 365 for Business