CES 2013 - Acer have confirmed the rumors that they were working on a 7-inch tablet that would be priced at around $99 - but it won't quite reach that sub-$100 price point unfortunately.
The tablet in question is the unreleased 7-inch Acer Iconia B1-A71, which will debut at "less than $150". We should expect a $149.99 price tag, which would make sense, as it's still "under $150". It will sport Android Jelly Bean as its mobile OS and the company describers the tablet as "the most premium experience at its price point".
Acer have confirmed some of the rumored specifications - and it does not look too bad at all - I'm loving the idea of microSD expansion for a sub-$150 tablet, nice work Acer!
- Android Jelly Bean operating system
- Mediatek dual-core 1.2GHz processor (MTK 8317T)
- 7-inch WSVGA capacitive multitouch screen with 1024 x 600 resolution display
- 8GB of internal storage, 512MB DDR3 memory
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth wireless technology 4.0 GPS
- 3.5mm headset/headphone/microphone jack
- MicroSD expansion slot with up to 32GB support
- Front-facing 0.3-megapixel webcam
- Rechargeable 2,710 mAh battery
- Micro-USB (charging and PC connect) with USB 2.0
- Dimensions: 197.4 mm x 128.5 mm x 11.3 mm
- Weight: 320 g
- >> NEXT STORY: Sony to release 'mastered in 4K' Blu-ray discs, will launch a 4K digital distribution network this summer
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Gorilla Glass 3 is stronger than ever