Microsoft's SmartGlass has made its way to Windows Phone and Android, and now it's finally been made available for iOS users as an update to its Xbox iOS application.
Just like the Windows Phone and Android version of SmartGlass, the application allows iOS users to connect to their Xbox 360 and interact with it in a number of ways such as launching games or applications and becoming a second screen for software that supports that feature. An example of this feature is being able to launch a DJ mode in Dance Central 3 that will allow for the SmartGlass user to interact with the game or when listening to music or watching a video on Zune Marketplace, information regarding the content can be accessed from SmartGlass.
SmartGlass users can also use their iOS device to further interact with their Xbox 360 in the following ways:
- Use your phone's keyboard to type to your Xbox 360
- Browse the Internet on your Xbox 360 with full keyboard and zooming
- Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, and stop videos and music on your Xbox 360
- Search the full Xbox catalog of music, video, and games
- Enjoy rich, interactive experiences from select game and entertainment content creators
- Track and compare your achievements with your Xbox friends
- Change up your 3D avatar
- Message your Xbox friends
- Edit your Xbox profile
- >> NEXT STORY: Spotify updates its iOS app to support iPhone 5
- << PREVIOUS STORY: The Warpzone are glad Master Chief came in Halo 4