Power Saving Settings
Most motherboard vendors have decided to call AMD's advanced CPU features the same thing. So AMD's Cool'n'Quiet can be disabled if you want to disable the CPU's low-power c-states and you can disable C6 as well if you want. On Intel platforms, many users disable virtualization to help increase stability (I tend not to bother), and on AMD SVM is virtualization.
Vendors have taken it upon themselves to make up their own memory profile names. XMP (ASRock/GIGABYTE), D.O.C.P., and A-XMP are all the same thing. They enable a profile built in the memory module to automatically overclock it. It's a good idea on all motherboards to manually set DRAM voltage, and sometimes you need to set the DRAM voltage for each channel. DRAM voltage, frequency, and primary timings can be found on the DRAM module's sticker.
While AGESA 184.108.40.206 brought on a ton of more timings, many users might not understand the complexity of those timings and might just opt to change primary timings you see above. On some motherboards memory profiles might not work, in that case, you need to manually set your memory frequency and primary timings.
If you want to tweak the new timings and other features like gear-down mode, you can read AMD's block post found here. There is also a DDR4 PHY voltage, I see it more often on Thread Ripper motherboards, it's called CLDO_VDDP, and AMD states this voltage can solve some memory frequency holes. It's an offset voltage you can take up and down (both can be useful). It should be configured to DIMM voltage -0.1v, but you aren't to exceed 1.05v offset on this.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction to Overclocking and Flow Chart]
- Page 2 [Disclaimer and Before You Begin Overclocking]
- Page 3 [CPU Multiplier and Voltages]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Survival instinct questioned in new Left Alive trailer
- Devil May Cry 5 - HYDE Collaboration trailer released
- The Conan Unconquered experience is truly 'unconquerable'
- Darksiders III - Accolades Trailer released
- NierR: Automata - Game of the YoRHa Edition details soon
- The Best Zero Gravity Chair of 2018 - Your Best Digs
- How Does Garcinia Shaping Pro Work?
- Fallout 76 Review: Atomic Waste
- My Asus TUF FX504GD (a gaming laptop) crashes everytime I launch high end games
- Load Up and Get Necrolyzed, GUNGRAVE VR Launches for PlayStation VR Today
- En Masse Entertainment Catches and Releases the 'BAF Masters' Update on TERA PC, Live Alongside Wintera Events Today
- 'MK Kollective' to Relaunch with Original Content from New Ambassadors in Celebration of Mortal Kombat 11
- Forge A Path To Survival In Left Alive
- SAIRENTO VR slashes onto PSVR early 2019