Power Saving Settings
Most motherboard vendors have decided to call AMD's advanced CPU features the same thing. So AMD's Cool'n'Quiet can be disabled if you want to disable the CPU's low-power c-states and you can disable C6 as well if you want. On Intel platforms, many users disable virtualization to help increase stability (I tend not to bother), and on AMD SVM is virtualization.
Vendors have taken it upon themselves to make up their own memory profile names. XMP (ASRock/GIGABYTE), D.O.C.P., and A-XMP are all the same thing. They enable a profile built in the memory module to automatically overclock it. It's a good idea on all motherboards to manually set DRAM voltage, and sometimes you need to set the DRAM voltage for each channel. DRAM voltage, frequency, and primary timings can be found on the DRAM module's sticker.
While AGESA 22.214.171.124 brought on a ton of more timings, many users might not understand the complexity of those timings and might just opt to change primary timings you see above. On some motherboards memory profiles might not work, in that case, you need to manually set your memory frequency and primary timings.
If you want to tweak the new timings and other features like gear-down mode, you can read AMD's block post found here. There is also a DDR4 PHY voltage, I see it more often on Thread Ripper motherboards, it's called CLDO_VDDP, and AMD states this voltage can solve some memory frequency holes. It's an offset voltage you can take up and down (both can be useful). It should be configured to DIMM voltage -0.1v, but you aren't to exceed 1.05v offset on this.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction to Overclocking and Flow Chart]
- Page 2 [Disclaimer and Before You Begin Overclocking]
- Page 3 [CPU Multiplier and Voltages]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Roar for 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Blu-ray giveaway
- MyDigtialSSD ships BPX Pro and lowers prices
- PlayStation Classic: Sony can't prevent hacking with patches
- Devil May Cry 5 has optional microtransactions
- Don't walk - run for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Crucial BX500 SSD Review - Fewer Components, Lower Prices
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games