Sapphire X1600 PRO HDMI
Our third card in the review is the X1600 PRO HDMI from Sapphire. This unit sports an ATI RADEON X1600 VPU, 256MB of GDDR3 graphics memory and is CrossFire ready.
It has three interfaces - S/PDIF-in, HDMI and RGB. In this sense it's a true HDMI media card, supporting HDMI video and audio streaming and HDCP compliant. The GDDR3 memory also gives it a slight edge as a gaming card, even though it's not specifically geared towards gaming - it will still produce smooth in-game performance.
Like the GeCube X1300, the X1600 PRO is a low-rise card. The default mounting bracket is standard-rise, but the card comes with two low-rise brackets, which allow you to mount the card with the S/PDIF-in interface next to it in its own bracket, effectively becoming a double-width unit. The S/PDIF-in interface is only necessary if you're using the computer's external S/PDIF-out port to pass through digital audio for HDMI audio streaming. Otherwise, disconnect the S/PDIF-in port entirely and use the internal onboard connector.
The card comes bundled with a HDMI-to-HDMI connector, an internal S/PDIF cable, user manual, driver CD, Cyberlink PowerDVD 6.0 and a Sapphire Select DVD with one free game from a choice of four - Brothers In Arms, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, Richard Burns Rally or Tony Hawks Underground 2. This makes this card the most complete bundle of the three.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit