With all the hype around the launch of the GeForce 7900 and 7600 cards from nVidia in the past week, it seems that ATI have been a little bit out of the light.
As usual we saw the new set of Catalyst drivers make their way into our inbox just before the first half of the month but being quite busy testing a whole bunch of new graphics cards from nVidia, we did take a little bit longer then we would have liked to test them and publish our article. No hate mail please!
Never fear, our Catalyst performance analyst for March 2006 is here, so let's take a look at what ATI have done this month. We would like to thank everyone for taking the time to comment last month on our monthly articles and we're happy to mention that we'll be including the Radeon X800XL from now on since it was the most requested graphics cards to be added to our benchmarks from our readers.
Let's get started!
Release Notes from ATI
As with most Catalyst releases, performance has increased in various situations.
* 3DMark05: Pixel Shader test runs as much as 1-2% faster, primarily when Anisotropic Filtering is enabled
* Call of Duty 2: Framerates are up 5-10% on the enthusiast-class ATI Radeon X1800 and ATI Radeon X1900 products
Nothing too much has been mentioned by ATI in terms of performance changes but let's run our usual suite of benchmarks and see what happens.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- RED Digital Cinema teams with NVIDIA for 8K movie editing
- Nintendo adds 3 new NES Games to Switch Online service
- Super Smash Bros. UItimate patch 'next week', kills replays
- Noise complaint results in cops battling in Smash Ultimate
- The Game Awards 2018 viewership doubled over last year
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1 and NVMe PCIe lanes
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Asrock Z390 Taichi Driver Tipps
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender