With all the hype around the launch of the GeForce 7900 and 7600 cards from nVidia in the past week, it seems that ATI have been a little bit out of the light.
As usual we saw the new set of Catalyst drivers make their way into our inbox just before the first half of the month but being quite busy testing a whole bunch of new graphics cards from nVidia, we did take a little bit longer then we would have liked to test them and publish our article. No hate mail please!
Never fear, our Catalyst performance analyst for March 2006 is here, so let's take a look at what ATI have done this month. We would like to thank everyone for taking the time to comment last month on our monthly articles and we're happy to mention that we'll be including the Radeon X800XL from now on since it was the most requested graphics cards to be added to our benchmarks from our readers.
Let's get started!
Release Notes from ATI
As with most Catalyst releases, performance has increased in various situations.
* 3DMark05: Pixel Shader test runs as much as 1-2% faster, primarily when Anisotropic Filtering is enabled
* Call of Duty 2: Framerates are up 5-10% on the enthusiast-class ATI Radeon X1800 and ATI Radeon X1900 products
Nothing too much has been mentioned by ATI in terms of performance changes but let's run our usual suite of benchmarks and see what happens.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Android 17 confirmed as next Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC
- Danny Trejo introduces Magic: The Gathering Arena Open Beta
- Dark Souls Remastered for Switch: Network Test available
- Platinum Games addresses Bayonetta 3 development progress
- Nintendo Switch NES Emulator successfully hacked, new games?
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- The Slater releases on September 20th
- Partnership Between Mastiff and Yggdrazil Group Brings Home Sweet Home to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One This October
- Turn-Based PC-RTS 'ValeGuard' Has Launched On STEAM Offering Exciting City-Building & Strategic Real-Time Combat
- IBM Takes Major Step in Breaking Open the Black Box of AI
- Genpact Launches Cora CommandCenter to Transform Digital Workforce Performance and Automation Governance