We've published a few portable SSDs in this layout with the same drives. The P600 SSD joins new to market portable SSDs from Silicon Power and Seagate.
The Samsung T5 is the best-selling portable SSD this year and performance stays roughly the same throughout the series regardless of the capacity. It's a constant in our testing as is he Adata SE730 and LaCie Rugged RAID, the only hard disk drive of the group.
Pricing was recorded at the time of writing using Amazon US.
The 1TB P600 scores well in both the reading and writing tests where we increase the block size to measure performance across a wide range of data. It's not the absolute fastest drive, but it's right in the mix with the better drives shipping today and still using a SATA SSD in the enclosure.
Full Span Performance
The 1TB P600 delivers consistent read performance using 128KB blocks when we read across the entire user area. We observed slightly more variation writing 128KB blocks to the drive but never encountered any severe dips like some of the other products on the write chart. The P600 should deliver strong performance in our real-world data transfers tests.
File Transfer Tests
Moving our focus to transferring real data to the HP P600, we, in fact, see strong performance for this class of product. The 1TB drive scored near the top in two tests and at the top for the heaviest test that mixed small and large block size data (documents, pictures, videos, and other assorted files).
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The HP Portable SSD P600 - Thick but well worth it retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The HP Portable SSD P600 - Thick but well worth it retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari VCS console upgraded to Ryzen APU
- SEGA's survey dictates 'the next steps' for many SEGA titles
- Valve CEO teases Half-Life 3 to release in next '4-5 years'
- To get into Mortal Kombat 11 closed beta you'll have to pay
- Facebook will use new AI technology to remove 'revenge porn'
- How can we update our Website design?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st
- Turtle Beach Unveils Its All-New Recon 70 Series Gaming Headsets
- Sacrifices, demons and emperors of Elmoraden
- Lilith Games Rebrands Rise of Civilizations to Rise of Kingdoms