Radeon RX Vega 64
This is what we're here for: the new Radeon RX Vega 64, with 8GB of HBM2 and the next generation Vega NCU. AMD has crammed 4096 stream processors into the 14nm FinFET-based Vega 10 NCU, with 8GB of HBM2 that is capable of 484GB/sec, matching the 483.8GB/sec (virtually the same) as the GTX 1080 Ti (that uses GDDR5X and not HBM2).
AMD cut the HBM2 bandwidth to 2048-bit, with earlier reports stating we'd see a 4096-bit memory bus mixed with HBM2 would've resulted in up to 1TB/sec memory bandwidth (double what RX Vega 64 is capable of). I'm hoping we see a refresh in the next 6-8 months, or earlier, that competes with GTX 1080 Ti - or beats it.
AMD has managed a rather large 400MHz increase in GPU clocks over the Polaris architecture, a large achievement that saw AMD needing to redesign and re-architect the Vega NCU in order to push the additional 400MHz that sees the Radeon RX Vega 64 hitting 1.7GHz or more.
Rewinding back to Fiji which was capable of only 1GHz, and Polaris at around 1.3GHz, Vega's circuit design has been built for higher frequencies. The NCU physical layout is optimized with shorter wire lengths for performance critical paths, too.
AMD teamed up with the Zen CPU division on the custom SRAM, which was engineered to improve efficiency with 8% less delay, 18% savings in die area, and 43% less power consumption. There's also enhanced L2 cache and twice as much (4MB now) that reduces external bandwidth requirements.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [The Journey To Radeon RX Vega]
- Page 2 [Vega GPU: AMD Goes Next-Gen]
- Page 3 [Introducing the Radeon RX Vega 64]
- Page 4 [Cooling Tech & Detailed Look]
- Page 5 [Performance... Good, But No GTX 1080 Ti Killer]
- Page 6 [AMD Intros Radeon Packs, Major Discounts For Gamers]
- Page 7 [Pricing & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG rated on the PS4 in Korea, PlayStation 4 release soon?
- Nintendo Switch Online rolled out, firmware 6.0.0 goes live
- Ghost Recon Wildlands: major sales/free from Sept. 20 - 23rd
- Dead by Daylight: 5 million units/free-to-play this weekend
- Nintendo announces Fortnite themed Switch console bundle
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- All-New Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC Power Pack Available Now
- HIIT Me Baby One More Time: Daily Burn Releases Fat and Calorie Burning App
- Silver Dollar Games Announces One Finger Death Punch 2
- Full Steam Ahead For New Star Manager
- TwelveSky2: The Limitless OBT announcement