Phison E7 M.2 and AIC SSDs
At the heart of all of the SSDs on the bench today is Phison's PS5007-11 or E7 quad-core, 8-channel NVMe controller.
Going from top to bottom, we have 960GB, 480GB, and 240GB M.2 SSDs.
Phison labels their M.2 drives on the motherboard side of the drives. This allows for better cooling on the controller side. The drives are labeled as non-OP, but they are actually Over-Provisioned, which is typically how they will be sold on the retail market. The 240GB and 480GB drives are single sided designs, and the 960GB drive is double sided. All of the drives we are testing today feature Toshiba 15nm planar MLC (2bit) flash.
The controller side of the 480GB AIC SSD. This drive features 2MB DRAM per GB of flash. Double the DRAM cache of the M.2 versions, which is why the AIC is a bit faster. Like the M.2 drives, the AIC is labeled as 512GB, but it is actually overprovisioned, resulting in 480GB.
The reverse side of the 480GB AIC.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System, Settings, & Boot Speed Video]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CDM & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based) - PCMark Vantage & PCMark 7]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based) - PCMark 8]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – Max IOPS & Disk Response]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Transfer Rate]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit