E5-2600 v3 Platform Summary
Here we see the specifications for the Xeon E5-2660 v3 processors. There is support provided for four to 18 cores with dual socket capability. TDP ranges from 55W up to 160W for workstations.
Memory is now DDR4, and can give a frequency of up to 2133 MHz. The E5-2600 v3 processors use 2x QPI 1.1 channels with up to 9.6 GT/s. These processors support PCIe 3.0 with up to 8 GT/s and 40 lanes.
The chipset will be Wellsburg PCH. This gives support for a huge number of SATA ports at 10. A large number of USB devices can be used with six USB 3.0 ports, and eight USB 2.0 ports. Wellsburg also supports DMI2 with 4x lanes. We would like to see more than 4x lanes used, but we think we will have to wait for the next Tick in the processor line up.
LAN improvements will have the new Fortville (40 GbE) that can be included.
Here we see a platform overview of the E5-2600 v3 line up. The C610 series chipset offers many improvements over the C602 chipset. It includes enhanced SATA support, enterprise SMbus, and MCTP support. In addition, Intel SPS 3.0 firmware with BMC-assist modules is included.
Intel Xeon Phi co-processor and P3700 series PCIe SSD (Fultondale) with storage capacity up to 2TB capacity are also included. For networks, there is a 40GbE network with Fortville, which offers network virtualization, and Intel flow director to give us much faster network capabilities.
Intel QuickAssist Server Adapter offers hardware-based crypto acceleration and compression. This is an add-on card, which offers up to 50 Gbps of crypto acceleration, or up to 20 Gbps of compression in a PCIe slot, low-profile form factor.
Now, let us turn our attention to the projected SKU line up for the E5-2600 v3 processors.
This is the product line up that we know of at this time. There may be spin offs of some of these, as we have seen a few odd SKU's out on the internet. Intel does not disclose SKU's that OEM's have made, so additional SKU's that are used by OEM's will show up on their platforms.
The LLC cache numbers appear to follow a 2.5 MB cache per core in most cases, but some are different, like the E5-2699 v3 with a possible 45 MB cache total. The two basic SKU's, or E5-2609 v3 and E5-2603 v3, do not support hyper-threading and turbo boost. Also, note that not all SKU's support DDR4 memory with 2133 MHz speed.
Intel also offers an additional SKU list; these are used for communications and storage servers. The E5-2680 v3, E5-2640 v3, E5-2620 v3, E5-2603 v3, and E5-2695 v3 are labeled as Comms/Storage straight-adopt server SKU, and have support for a long life under server usage model conditions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [E5-2600 v3 Platform Summary]
- Page 3 [E5-2600 v3 Architectural Overview]
- Page 4 [E5-2600 v3 Architectural Overview Continued]
- Page 5 [Intel Communications Platform]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [System and CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- The Witcher 3 is a sales revenue monster
- Titan Quest arrives on consoles
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit