There's nothing too crazy about the latest driver - if you're a Radeon HD 7970 user we'd make the jump as we do see a couple of extra FPS here and there, the same might be said for HD 7950 users, but anything below that doesn't really seem to get much of a change with the latest driver.
What was a little disappointing was the HD 7770; I really had hoped that we'd see a couple of extra FPS with the latest driver when compared to the launch one, but as you can see, we really saw nothing change for the most part.
Of course we should see some gains with the Morphological Anti-Aliasing as promised in the release notes, but most people will probably find themselves like us using the normal AA / AF technology that are enabled in your games verse through the control panel.
While we do see a dip here and there as well, it's nothing major and if the bug fixes are something that will affect you, we'd recommend you jump on the latest driver. Our site editor Cameron noticed some strange BSOD's with the Cat 12.3 driver which so far seem to be cured with the latest Cat 12.4 driver.
If you're a HD 7900 series user as well I'd also suggest that you make the jump. If you're on the 12.3 driver, though, and everything is running smoothly, we'd happily suggest you stay on that as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Release Note Highlights]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo has no immediate plans for N64 mini
- Telltale begins dismantling business and liquidating assets
- THQ Nordic has 35 unannounced projects in development
- Metroid Prime 4 is 'well into development'
- Corsair keyboards and mice are coming to the Xbox One
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions
- Lex Machina Expands Employment Litigation Analytics with Launch of ERISA Module
- L'Oreal Launches La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV--The First Battery-Free Wearable Sun Safety Sensor
- Drobo Launches High Performance 8D to Transform Storage Workflows
- CORSAIR Announces Support for Xbox One