There's nothing too crazy about the latest driver - if you're a Radeon HD 7970 user we'd make the jump as we do see a couple of extra FPS here and there, the same might be said for HD 7950 users, but anything below that doesn't really seem to get much of a change with the latest driver.
What was a little disappointing was the HD 7770; I really had hoped that we'd see a couple of extra FPS with the latest driver when compared to the launch one, but as you can see, we really saw nothing change for the most part.
Of course we should see some gains with the Morphological Anti-Aliasing as promised in the release notes, but most people will probably find themselves like us using the normal AA / AF technology that are enabled in your games verse through the control panel.
While we do see a dip here and there as well, it's nothing major and if the bug fixes are something that will affect you, we'd recommend you jump on the latest driver. Our site editor Cameron noticed some strange BSOD's with the Cat 12.3 driver which so far seem to be cured with the latest Cat 12.4 driver.
If you're a HD 7900 series user as well I'd also suggest that you make the jump. If you're on the 12.3 driver, though, and everything is running smoothly, we'd happily suggest you stay on that as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Release Note Highlights]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ