ASRock Z68 Pro3 - The Board
When you look at the board you're not going to see anything that really stands out at you. ASRock aren't really known for making "sexy" boards, but with the release of the P67 Fatal1ty with its red PCB we know they're more than capable of doing so and hopefully they'll decide a litter later down the track to mix it up with the Z68.
Moving in closer, we can see our expansions. Starting from the bottom, we've got two PCI slots, above that are three PCI-E 1x slots and above that we have our primary video card slot; a PCI-E 16x slot. Just above that PCI-E 16x slot we have three fan headers which could come in handy for people who have fans that sit above the I/O ports at the rear of their case.
Moving to the bottom of the board, we've got lots of headers. Starting from the left, we have the Front Panel HD Audio header; just above that and to the left of the bottom PCI slot we have the HDMI S/PDIF header. Moving to the right, we have a COM Port Header (COM1), two Infrared headers (Black / White), two USB 2.0 headers (Blue), Clear CMOS jumper and System Panel Header. Just above the system panel header we have the 3-Pin Power LED header and just to the upper left we have our 4-Pin Speaker header.
Sitting in the far right corner, we have a total of six SATA ports. The two white ones are both SATA3 while the four blue are SATA2. All six of these ports are controlled by the Z68 chipset; no other controller is used.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Package]
- Page 3 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Board]
- Page 4 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Board Continued]
- Page 5 [ASrock Z68 Extreme4 - The Package]
- Page 6 [ASrock Z68 Exreme4 - The Board]
- Page 7 [ASrock Z68 Exreme4 - The Board Continued]
- Page 8 [The stand out Z68 features]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon