ASRock Z68 Pro3 - The Board
When you look at the board you're not going to see anything that really stands out at you. ASRock aren't really known for making "sexy" boards, but with the release of the P67 Fatal1ty with its red PCB we know they're more than capable of doing so and hopefully they'll decide a litter later down the track to mix it up with the Z68.
Moving in closer, we can see our expansions. Starting from the bottom, we've got two PCI slots, above that are three PCI-E 1x slots and above that we have our primary video card slot; a PCI-E 16x slot. Just above that PCI-E 16x slot we have three fan headers which could come in handy for people who have fans that sit above the I/O ports at the rear of their case.
Moving to the bottom of the board, we've got lots of headers. Starting from the left, we have the Front Panel HD Audio header; just above that and to the left of the bottom PCI slot we have the HDMI S/PDIF header. Moving to the right, we have a COM Port Header (COM1), two Infrared headers (Black / White), two USB 2.0 headers (Blue), Clear CMOS jumper and System Panel Header. Just above the system panel header we have the 3-Pin Power LED header and just to the upper left we have our 4-Pin Speaker header.
Sitting in the far right corner, we have a total of six SATA ports. The two white ones are both SATA3 while the four blue are SATA2. All six of these ports are controlled by the Z68 chipset; no other controller is used.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Package]
- Page 3 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Board]
- Page 4 [ASrock Z68 Pro3 - The Board Continued]
- Page 5 [ASrock Z68 Extreme4 - The Package]
- Page 6 [ASrock Z68 Exreme4 - The Board]
- Page 7 [ASrock Z68 Exreme4 - The Board Continued]
- Page 8 [The stand out Z68 features]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Blu-ray giveaway
- Street Fighter is getting a live-action TV show
- Visceral's Star Wars title may get recycled into online game
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- Transcend JetDrive 825 SSD Upgrade Kit for MacBook Review
- GA-B85M-D3PH Modded Bios set VCore above 1.2
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit