ECS are more known for their OEM and budget boards on the PC market. The board we have been sent here is the more mid to value-end offering. The package that ECS ships the board in resembles its cheaper versions, the front doesn't have any info on the board's features.
The back of the box however contains a lot of info on the motherboard. Despite the cheaper board status that ECS has, the back also contains a full colour photo of the board along with info on each of the features.
The manuals and software bundle is pretty light. The two user manuals supplied include a full detail manual on the board (BIOS and software included) and a quick install manual. The Driver CD has all the necessary drivers to get both XP and Vista running.
Lastly with the package we look at the accessories. The ECS board has the lightest package here today, you get only one SATA data cable, one IDE cable and an I/O shield.
ECS's board uses the full ATX layout design; however its layout could stand with some improvements. The 24-pin power connector along with the FDD connector reside behind the memory slots. The six SATA ports and the IDE port are located at the bottom right of the board. The 4-pin power connector is located between the northbridge heatsink and the rear I/O shield, definitely not the best place.
Despite its budget design, the CPU area is extremely neat with plenty of room for large heatsinks. Power for the CPU is supplied by a 4-phase voltage regulation system with the mosfets being cooled by a large alloy passively cooled heatsink.
The rear I/O ports on ECS boards change from board to board. The back of this one comes without any parallel port, an onboard header supplies this if you need it. A single e.SATA port is also supplied.
The expansion slots setup comprises two PCI-Express x16 slots, a blue and an orange. The blue one runs off the northbridge at x16 full speed, the orange one runs at only x4 speeds off the southbridge. A single PCI-Express x1 slot and three PCI legacy slots make up the complement. For the additional controllers, a single JMicron PCI-Express chip runs the IDE port and the rear e.SATA port.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Boards - Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Boards - Foxconn P35A]
- Page 4 [The Boards - Gigabyte P35-DS4]
- Page 5 [The Boards - ASUS P5K-E]
- Page 6 [The Boards - ECS P35T-A]
- Page 7 [The Boards - ABIT IP32 Pro Off Limits]
- Page 8 [BIOS Settings and Overclocking the Boards]
- Page 9 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Worldbench]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- This Zelda song is perfect for Halloween
- Red Dead Redemption 2 ships on two discs
- Sony to use blockchain DRM to secure content
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam