Kingston's modules come shipped in their traditional pack which have a black backing and clear cover so as you can see the modules inside. This package is the same one they use to ship all of their HyperX series, with the paper sticky band that seals the modules to the package. On the band you get a model number, unfortunately if you want to find out the specs of the modules you need to understand the code that Kingston uses on their packages or go to their website.
Unpacking the modules from of the box you get a slightly better view. The heat spreaders used resemble some of the older aftermarket coolers which have double-sided tape to hold onto the memory chips as well as brace clips to keep the heatsink on when the RAM chips begin to generate heat.
Lastly we come down to the sticker that Kingston places on the modules. Kingston places the info in a cryptic code, so if you don't know how to read the code you won't know much about it. The modules are rated for 1375MHz using 7-7-7-20 timings but you need to use 1.7v to run this, as these modules are designed for 1066MHz operations at 1.5v, they have just been juiced up to run up to 1.7v with 1375MHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Modules - OCZ PC3-10666]
- Page 3 [The Modules - Geil PC3-8500]
- Page 4 [The Modules - Kingston PC3-11000]
- Page 5 [Overclocking the Modules]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Everest]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series