The latest drivers are pretty uneventful which was to be expected - we normally see that the first driver of the New Year doesn't do whole lot in the performance arena.
While the release noted mentioned that a increase would be seen it was for a game that we don't have, if you are a player of Dark Messiah: Might and Magic and are experiencing some low frame rates on your Radeon X1K series graphics card, we would recommend the upgrade. If you're a Crossfire user, you should also pay attention to the new features.
If you cannot be bothered uninstalling the current drivers to get the new version up and running, you shouldn't be too fussed, as mentioned there isn't a whole lot new Catalyst 7.1. If you're about to reinstall or format your system, we would recommend you place the latest drivers on as they always bring bug fixes but we wouldn't go too far out of the way this month.
Hopefully everyone had a good new year and till next month's Catalyst driver is released, happy benchmarking and gaming!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard