The latest drivers are pretty uneventful which was to be expected - we normally see that the first driver of the New Year doesn't do whole lot in the performance arena.
While the release noted mentioned that a increase would be seen it was for a game that we don't have, if you are a player of Dark Messiah: Might and Magic and are experiencing some low frame rates on your Radeon X1K series graphics card, we would recommend the upgrade. If you're a Crossfire user, you should also pay attention to the new features.
If you cannot be bothered uninstalling the current drivers to get the new version up and running, you shouldn't be too fussed, as mentioned there isn't a whole lot new Catalyst 7.1. If you're about to reinstall or format your system, we would recommend you place the latest drivers on as they always bring bug fixes but we wouldn't go too far out of the way this month.
Hopefully everyone had a good new year and till next month's Catalyst driver is released, happy benchmarking and gaming!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series