Recently at TweakTown we wrote about nVidia's nForce 500 series chipsets explaining the new features that the latest nVidia offering has for the AMD Socket AM2 platform. This included boards form MSI and the current DFI NF590 SLI motherboard which we are reviewing today in more detail since we think it deserves some more action.
Despite recent rumours floating around the Internet on some other websites, DFI will not be quitting the retail motherboard market. In fact, our friends at the Taiwanese company tell us that if anything things will be moving ahead and they wish to ramp up production, not cease to exist in the market. This should come as good news to consumers as DFI's past tells us they make good overclocking motherboard and more product choice is always better for consumers as it creates competition which helps reduces prices and force companies to make even better products than they already do.
While we did use the DFI LANParty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G motherboard in our last article discussing the NF5 chipset, some might be asking, why we are doing another review? The answer is simple - we only used the DFI board for its 590SLI chipset. The focus of that article was the chipset and not so much the motherboard itself - this time we'll be focusing more on the board and its features to work out if it is actually worth buying.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform