While we have been a bit behind at the labs the last couple of weeks, its still doesn't mean we aren't into our work head deep. The battle between ATI and nVidia for dominance of the 3D arena has never been stronger, and with multi card systems now becoming the norm, the competition has never looked better.
nVidia have been the first to pioneer the latest technologies with SLI and Dual PCI Express x16 based chipsets for their setups, but ATI has been close behind with Crossfire graphics cards and Xpress Crossfire supporting chipsets.
Just before CeBIT in Germany launched, ATI introduced its newest member to the Xpress chipset family, the 3200 series. This latest series adds some much needed features that were lacking in the first Xpress implementations, especially if they want to keep up with nVidia in the 3D battle.
Today we are taking a look at the first of the Xpress 3200 boards to cross our labs at TweakTown, the Sapphire PC-A9RD580 motherboard. How will it stack up compared to its rival, the nVidia nForce 4 SLI x16 chipset based motherboard from MSI?
Let's have a look and see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple's 3D Touch is coming to Android phones
- Report: Apple to launch 4K 21.5-inch iMac next week
- HP releasing Star Wars Special Edition notebook
- GeForce drivers, SLI profile prepare you for Battlefront beta
- Google wants to improve mobile web performance
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio