Package and Contents
The box that Highpoint ships its controller card in differs from the normal layout that Highpoint is known for. Usually the boxes from Highpoint are green, gold, red and white. This one features a white and blue box with some basic info printed on the front.
The back of the box shows a bit more info as well as a layout and explanation of the cards circuitry layout, so you know what you're getting.
In terms of cables and accessories, Highpoint includes 8 SATA cables that measure just over 60cm each - quite long. This though is a rather handy feature as the cases that this card will most likely be installed in will be large towers with lots of HDD bays.
In terms of documentation and drivers, Highpoint includes one user manual with all the installation procedures as well as explanations for the accompanying software. While short, the manual does give a good description of what you will need to do and how to setup the controller.
Last on the list that you get is a special cross over cable and a half height PCI expansion bracket. If using in U1 server cases, this bracket will be needed to allow installation. The cross over cable is used to link two of the same cards together to allow spanning across the two cards, allowing for a 16 device chain. This feature we covered in our review of the RocketRAID 2220.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Contents]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and PCMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - File Copy Tests]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Game Level Loading Time]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Commodore 64 still running auto shop after 25 years
- Get this $100 programmable gaming keyboard for just $55
- Apple's next-gen MacBook Pro expected mid-October
- Xbox Scorpio's true 4K res won't be easy for developers
- NVIDIA shows off 4K 60FPS footage of Titanfall 2 on PC
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now