While the benchmark scores don't show an overwhelming performance rise in the Intel 975X chipset against the previous 955X, this is kind of what we were expecting though. The 975X chipset is based directly on the 955X chipset, with a few tweaks and ATI Crossfire support.
Intel 975X is a new chipset designed to fix what the 955X didn't manage to achieve, which is Crossfire dual graphics acceptance. To this end the chipset is a success, as well as its ability to handle extreme bus speeds; you are guaranteed to get a very good overclocking result, provided your CPU, cooler and power supply are up to the task of powering the whole show.
On Gigabyte's efforts with this motherboard, all we can as is marvellous - the design is extremely clean, the cooling side of things for the overclockers have been thought about extremely hard, you have a ton of features to keep the gamer happy and we have in front of us what we really think is the best of looks and performance, as far as Intel based motherboards go.
The folks have Gigabyte are really concentrating on the gamers and enthusiasts in 2006 and if this motherboard is anything to go by, you all should pay some serious attention. It's a motherboard which is a total contrast from the Gigabyte motherboards we saw many years ago.
The G1975X motherboard has many onboard features that are practical and useful and without a doubt if you are after a motherboard with the lot, Gigabyte has provided it for you.
Overclocking is very impressive
Very enthusiast friendly
Additional IDE channel
Extremely efficient cooling of board components
Creative Sound Blaster Live 24-bit hardware audio controller
Debug LED and onboard power switch
Likely to be expensive but you get what you pay for
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- 'Stranger Things' director talks bigger, darker season 2
- Samsung's new Galaxy S8 looks amazing in leaked videos
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017