Phanteks EVOLV MATX Micro-Tower Chassis
The front of the Evolv MATX resembles all other Enthoo Evolv cases from the past, with one minor difference. The dog bone shaped front panel is still there, and it is still made of aluminum. We happen to have the Anthracite Gray model, which can also be seen at the top and bottom of the bezel. The gaps on either side of the bezel are how this case takes in air, and the slit near the bottom is the HDD activity LED.
The minor change on the front of the Evolve MATX is that the front I/O panel is now hidden behind a panel with a cover that flips up and out of the way for access. Found in the panel are a pair of USB 3.0 ports, a pair of 3.5mm HD Audio jacks, and a button to cycle through the LED color options. These color options will change the power button LED and a pair of optional LED strips and offer white, blue, purple, pink, red, orange, yellow, green, teal, and light blue as optional colors, without motherboard input.
The top panel of the chassis is where the power button is located, very near the front of the case. The aluminum used here is mostly solid but does over steel mesh in slots located on the angled bits of the top panel.
The left side of the Evolv MATX is nearly all a view of tempered glass. We do see a bit of the top panel as well as the feet at the bottom, but outside of the glass, we see the sticker denoting care be taken for this panel and the hardware at the back edge which supports the glass on hinges.
The back of the chassis is topped with ventilation and a deep offset before we reach the rear I/O and exhaust fan location. There are four expansion slots which are flanked with passive ventilation, and the bottom is used to mount the PSU there.
The right side of the Evolv MATX is nearly identical to the left side, but there are two significant changes. Rather than clear glass, this time the inside has been coated black to block the view behind it. However, there is a small rectangular area at the bottom-right of the window which allows the label on SSDs to show through.
Under the chassis, we find aluminum legs supported with plastic frames, and four small rubber pads taped to the aluminum offer grip. There is a removable dust filter which slides out the back, covering the intake fan on the PSU. In the middle, we can see screws to remove the HDD cage, and the other two are near the front aluminum foot. The slots cut between them are to be used with the included pump and reservoir mounting plate once the HDD cage is removed.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.74 million Switch systems in first month
- Nintendo profits increase by 521%
- Tekken 7's boxing kangaroo nixed due to animal activists
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives