Corsair CUE Software
Once CUE is installed, you are set up with an introductory window which displays all of your connected Corsair devices. In this instance, all we have is the K95 Platinum listed, but it shows a slot for mice, headsets, as well as a slot for mouse pads. The lower section tells us that this is all new software, and if you wish to learn more, you click on the text to be delivered to the blog covering this version of CUE.
We then clicked on the small icon marked K95 RGB Platinum at the top and were delivered to its section of controls. On the left, we find three SD card icons marked for three optional profiles, and one for the default profile, and just below that are optional tabs for various controls. To the right, we see an image of the K95 RGB Platinum, and the lights are spinning around center actively as you sit in the software.
We then moved onto clicking the Actions tab on the left. This is the section where you program Macros and apply them to the various G-keys. By clicking on the + icon, a new Macro shows in the list at the left, and below the keyboard image is where you go to record your actions. The Macro Manager has been simplified in its usability, but still, contains all of the bells and whistles that Macro users find most beneficial.
The lighting effects tab is where you go to address the LED backlighting of this keyboard. We are currently set on the spiral rainbow mode, and we can address the speed in which it revolves around the center, and in which direction it spins. Other options are rainbow wave, visor, rain, color shift, color pulse, color wave, type lighting (key), type lighting (ripple), and void playback visualizer, the last of which is for setting up custom lighting. This device also supports an SDK where other LED profiles can be set, Saved, and even uploaded from other users.
There is also the performance tab which allows users to address some of the fine points to the keyboard. You may address what happens when the Windows lock is active; you can even choose the LED colors for the profile, LED intensity, and Windows lock keys. This can be done by choosing from the presets, using the RGB scale inputs, or moving the circle in the round RGB visualization at the right.
When not in the default profile, there is another tab that appears. This is for saving the profiles once completed, and it will allow you to click on it, select which of the three profiles you wish to save it to, click on save, confirm the save, and then have all of your hard work stored within the K95 RGB Platinum.
PRICING: You can find the Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $200 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £198 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Inside the K95 RGB Platinum]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Android co-founder teases his upcoming smartphone
- Elon Musk teases Model Y for 'S3XY' lineup
- Samsung confirms that the Note7 isn't quite dead yet
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse