I used the same Kingston HyperX Impact (HX421S13IBK2/16) DDR4 2133MHz SO-DIMM kit I used in my ASRock BeeBox-S review along with a Samsung 950 Pro NVMe based PCI-E 3.0 x4 SSD. GIGABYTE made sure to include an oversized thermal pad to cool down the M.2 drive you use.
CPU, Memory, System, and Graphics Benchmarks
AIDA64 AES and HASH
HandBrake Video Encoding
PCMark8 Home Test
PCMark8 Work Test
UNIGINE Heaven 4.0
Resident Evil 6
Since the BRIX BKi5A-7200 uses an i5-7200U and ASRock's BeeBox-S uses the i5-6200U, we can see the improvements that Intel has brought to the table with Kaby Lake. Both CPUs have the same TDP, but the i5-7200U is clocked 200-300MHz higher.
Regardless of clocks, Intel was able to get more performance out of the 14nm node. While higher clocks are nice, Kaby Lake also has a much nicer integrated GPU and scores better in gaming benchmarks.
Storage and Network Performance
ixChariot Network Throughput:
Storage and network performance are also very strong. The BRIX BKi5A-7200 provides the same storage performance as a full-blown desktop.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the BKi5A-7200]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- New Note8 leak shows awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Galaxy S8 officially discounted by up to $300
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 836 will debut with the Pixel 2
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4