The bottom of the device is easy to remove, and you will see that GIGABYTE includes a big heat pad to cool down your M.2 drive. Taking the PCB out of the base isn't that easy, but you don't need to remove the PCB.
Up close shots of the front and back of the PCB reveal how GIGABYTE stuffed all the desktop level features into one tiny device.
The heat sink makes excellent contact with the Kaby Lake SoC. The blower fan is a Delta model BSB05505HP.
An Intel i219LM is used for the 1GBit NIC, and a Parade PS175HDM is used to provide HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2.
An ON Semiconductor NCP81206 is the PWM controller used to power the SoC. I couldn't identify the MOSFET's brand, but they are dual N-Channel FETs in a single package, and the inductors are custom labeled BRIX.
Other power sources use fully integrated POLs from Texas Instruments. The ASMedia ASM1142 supplies the two USB 3.1 ports at the front of the device, and a Realtek ALC255 is the audio codec.
An NCT5532 is probably the SuperIO. Wireless AC is from an Intel 3168NGW.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the BKi5A-7200]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel working on next-gen Xeon with 32C/64T of power
- Xbox boss: first-party Project Scorpio games 'critical'
- Apple rumored to consider purchasing Disney
- In Win launches X-Frame 2.0, tou 2.0 Signature chassis
- Uber suspends self-driving car tech after Arizona crash
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse