The bottom of the device is easy to remove, and you will see that GIGABYTE includes a big heat pad to cool down your M.2 drive. Taking the PCB out of the base isn't that easy, but you don't need to remove the PCB.
Up close shots of the front and back of the PCB reveal how GIGABYTE stuffed all the desktop level features into one tiny device.
The heat sink makes excellent contact with the Kaby Lake SoC. The blower fan is a Delta model BSB05505HP.
An Intel i219LM is used for the 1GBit NIC, and a Parade PS175HDM is used to provide HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2.
An ON Semiconductor NCP81206 is the PWM controller used to power the SoC. I couldn't identify the MOSFET's brand, but they are dual N-Channel FETs in a single package, and the inductors are custom labeled BRIX.
Other power sources use fully integrated POLs from Texas Instruments. The ASMedia ASM1142 supplies the two USB 3.1 ports at the front of the device, and a Realtek ALC255 is the audio codec.
An NCT5532 is probably the SuperIO. Wireless AC is from an Intel 3168NGW.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the BKi5A-7200]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 2K Games lays out five-year plan, wants one AAA a year
- ASUS hints dual camera in 1st official ZenFone 4 teaser
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4