Here are key points about the Avant Mini Cube.
Gaming Performance: The GTX 1080 Founder's Edition is one of the fastest consumer GPUs, and AVADirect has matched it with the right configuration to milk every last drop of gaming performance out of the system. The CPU is the top of the line Skylake i7-6700K and also overclocked. System memory and storage are more than enough to facilitate excellent performance and response times. The final touch is the cooling, which is configured to keep the components cool during heavy loads without sounding like a jet engine.
CPU Overclocked: The overclocked 6700K adds a nice touch to this pre-built gaming PC. The overclock was stable, the CPU core voltage wasn't too high (a modest offset was added), and AVADirect was able to successfully cool the CPU with an air cooler. The CPU cooler fan didn't get loud either. So why would you want an overclocked 6700K since it's already very fast? The short answer is because it helps alleviate the bottleneck posed by the 6700K in some games with a GPU like the GTX 1080 FE. At some point, CPU intensive games will become CPU bound (we see this at lower resolutions in GTA:V and AoS), and to help push FPS further, the CPU is overclocked.
Component Quality: AVADirect did a solid job of picking the right parts, many of which provide very high value for DIY builders. However, most of the parts are top shelf including the ROG motherboard, the i7-6700K, and the GTX 1080 Founder's Edition. You just can't do much better than what AVADirect has already chosen.
Aesthetics: From the RGB LED strips lining the windows area to the white cable extensions with cable combs, the unit looks sleek and seductive. The blue LED ring fans from ThermalTake also add a nice touch since you can see their hues from the vents on the Corsair case. AVADirect's cable management was also well-done, and I didn't see much slack that would introduce an eye sore.
Note and Support: After removing the case box from the AVADirect box, you will notice a bright yellow piece of paper taped to the case's box. That note provides instructions on how to inspect the system and offers assistance for buyers in case they are worried about something. The unit also comes with a parts and labor warranty, as well as a lifetime technical support.
You will need to open the case window panel: Since the system is fully built, and the majority of components aren't soldered in place, AVADirect uses a large pink foam insert that molds to the shape of the interior of the system. It provides support and keeps cables from popping out, but you will need to open the side panel of the case to remove it before powering up.
The Avant Mini Cube is configurable and can take many different forms, but ours is one of the most robust when it comes to gaming performance and quite pricey at $2449. The unit we have with us today topped all of our charts in gaming performance, mainly due to the GTX 1080 Founder's Edition and overclocked 6700K. AVADirect did an excellent job with configuring the overclock and building the system. Cable management is pristine, and cables are arranged to remove obstructions that could impede efficient airflow.
The system doesn't just provide solid 4K gameplay, insanely high FPS at 1080P, and full VR capabilities; it also looks great. The RGB LEDs are positioned so the light shines indirectly and illuminates the internals of the system in a tasteful manner. Overall, I was impressed with the build quality and performance of the Avant Mini Cube, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a blazing fast gaming PC.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||94%|
|Bundle and Packaging||90%|
|Value for Money||90%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: AVADirect's Avant Mini Cube is loaded to the brim with high-performance and quality hardware and topped our charts in almost all benchmarks, especially when it came to gaming.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test Setup & System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung teases prototype 1.96-inch 4K LCD for VR HMDs
- Exploding Beats headphones aren't Apple's fault
- Samsung: Galaxy S8 is 2-for-1 in the US only right now
- NVIDIA's purported Volta-based TITAN Xv spotted
- Joss Wheddon taking over 'Justice League' directing duty
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning