Fractal Design Node 202 Mini-ITX Chassis
The front of the Node 202 is flat textured matte finish along the majority of it, with shiny plastic used to the left and along the bottom. Rather than using angled corners, the Node 202 is rounded there and offers only a lightly painted Fractal Design off to the right to break up the sleek aesthetic.
The front I/O panel is highlighted, being surrounded by the shiny plastic. In it, we find the pair of HD Audio jacks on the left, the pair of USB 3.0 ports in the middle, and the power button to the right flanked by the power LED.
The top of the chassis is mostly solid, except for one area near the back. That angled ventilation is above the motherboard and is where your CPU air cooler is going to draw its source of cooler air.
The right side of the Node 202 offers a lot of ventilation which eats up most of this panel. To the left in this image is where the PSU exhausts, while the right side allows for the heated air from the CPU cooler to exhaust as well.
The top of the chassis covers some of the back side, as it raises and lowers between the rear I/O area and the pair of expansion slots. As we found on the front, the lower section of this chassis is made with shiny plastic trim, and on the far right is the power connection for the PSU.
The left side of the chassis is enclosed in the top section, but the lower shiny plastic near the bottom is ventilated. This allows the video card to draw air in from the side of the chassis to give it the best chance of staying cool.
The bottom of the Node 202 offers two sections of ventilation and four screws that allow access to this case. The smaller section to the left is what allows for the PSU to draw in air, and the much larger section is under the video card, and combined with the side vent, will allow any video card to keep its cool.
PRICING: You can find the Fractal Design Node 202 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Fractal Design Node 202 retails for $80 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Fractal Design Node 202 retails for £72 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Fractal Design Node 202 Mini-ITX Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Node 202]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset