What is OLED?
There is a big difference between LED and OLED TVs, with the older LED TVs just being LCD TVs with an LED backlight. Where LCD TVs may have 3840x2160 pixels, there are just a couple of LED backlights lighting up the screen. OLED technology sees each pixel lighting up independently of the other OLED pixels.
This technology provides unparalleled quality and most of all: the deepest levels of black. Deeper blacks allow for higher contrast and much richer color, providing a picture that is pretty much unbeatable. LG markets their OLED TV towards the pixels switching off completely, achieving a "perfect black for infinite contrast", and we agree. Once you see this in person, you'll be in love.
The colors are just as amazing, thanks to the OLED technology LG has used here.
The Big Jump from 1080p to 4K
There is a huge increase in pixels when you jump from 1080p to 4K, with 4K offering a staggering 8.3 million pixels compared to just 2 million of 1080p.
You might not think about it much, but when you're sitting in front of a 65-inch curved 4K OLED, those pixels make all of the difference.
PRICING: You can find the LG Electronics 65EG9600 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Curved Smart OLED TV (2015 Model) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [What is OLED & The Big Jump from 1080p to 4K]
- Page 3 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac: up to 12C/24T CPU power in ITX form
- Gionee announces three new smartphones
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017