What is OLED?
There is a big difference between LED and OLED TVs, with the older LED TVs just being LCD TVs with an LED backlight. Where LCD TVs may have 3840x2160 pixels, there are just a couple of LED backlights lighting up the screen. OLED technology sees each pixel lighting up independently of the other OLED pixels.
This technology provides unparalleled quality and most of all: the deepest levels of black. Deeper blacks allow for higher contrast and much richer color, providing a picture that is pretty much unbeatable. LG markets their OLED TV towards the pixels switching off completely, achieving a "perfect black for infinite contrast", and we agree. Once you see this in person, you'll be in love.
The colors are just as amazing, thanks to the OLED technology LG has used here.
The Big Jump from 1080p to 4K
There is a huge increase in pixels when you jump from 1080p to 4K, with 4K offering a staggering 8.3 million pixels compared to just 2 million of 1080p.
You might not think about it much, but when you're sitting in front of a 65-inch curved 4K OLED, those pixels make all of the difference.
PRICING: You can find the LG Electronics 65EG9600 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Curved Smart OLED TV (2015 Model) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [What is OLED & The Big Jump from 1080p to 4K]
- Page 3 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Boost your resume with two in-demand tech certifications
- Nintendo NX handheld hybrid GPU CPU upgrade attachment
- New Fallout Shelter update features sticker set on iOS
- New Assassin's Creed may use PS4 Pro, Project Scorpio
- Nintendo NX might cost $350
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now