IOMeter - Workload Performance with QD
I was really quite impressed by the performance of the Seagate Archive when moving through workload testing. Starting with Database, which is a 80/20 workload, we found the Archive drive to start at 184 IOPS and reach a peak of 534 IOPS which was much better at the higher queue depths than both the Desktop 4 and 5TB solutions.
File Server again showed some good numbers as the Archive HDD topped out at 431 IOPS.
Email server was the first workload to show a performance loss at higher QD but alas the Archive HDD was able to reach 505 IOPS at QD8.
Web Server scaling was slightly slower with the Archive HDD over the two previously tested solutions. At QD1, we did grab 108 IOPS out of the drive, while QD32 managed 305 IOPS just 13 shy of the 4TB Desktop HDD.
Workstation positioned the Archive HDD just above the 4TB Desktop solution at higher queue depths with 229 IOPS.
PRICING: You can find the Seagate Archive 8TB ST8000AS002 HDD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Seagate Archive 8TB ST8000AS002 HDD retails for $260.95 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Seagate Archive 8TB ST8000AS002 HDD retails for £184.99 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives