A lot of devices out there want you to grab downloads for the software only, and if there is a firmware update, you normally need another download. With the 500K software, once the UIX software is set to install, it starts off with a firmware update prior to installing the driver suite.
Once the UIX software is installed and opened, this is the main page you will run into. Here we find three modes under the game management tab, a place for an image of said profiles, and below are three tabs to allow settings to be changed. Here we see the performance tab is open, and to the right we can adjust the polling rate, rollover support, and change the repeat delay time. To the right, we can change the times the repeat rate presses that key with a test below it, and it closes with a bit on the mode switches.
Jumping back just a bit to the profile management, here we find what is going on there. You can import profiles from other devices if desired, but here is where you will build a system of things to boot once a game or application is launched, and is also where you can add the images for the various profiles to show up in the software.
The key assignment tab is where things can get interesting. Here you can program each of the G-keys, and is also where you can establish whether the right side of the space bar is for space, or anything you want it to be used for. To the right there are menus for basic function that can be dragged and dropped into the boxes at the left, including what is shown, or any Macros you may have waiting in the wings.
Under lighting controls, there isn't much control to be had honestly, but there are some options here. At the top it shows the five settings that the light button on the keyboard can offer. The thing is you can select or deselect any of the five so that you get exactly what you want for intensity, but with all settings, the only color option is orange or off.
PRICING: You can find the Cougar 500K 1000Hz Membrane 32 Bit ARM Keyboard (KBC500-WRNSB) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Cougar 500K retails for $79.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Did you want a Nokia Android smartphone? Here are three!
- Huawei unveils the Watch 2 and Watch 2 Classic
- Enter the 'Doctor Strange' world in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Huawei unveils the P10 and P10 Plus
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand