The X99-UD3P at only $204 is one of the most affordable yet value rich motherboards I have reviewed. Let's be clear, the X99-UD3P doesn't boast features like dual NICs, USB 3.1, 4x PCI-E 3.0 Ultra M.2, or even 8 DIMMs, but at only $204, you can't expect those features and high quality in the same package.
GIGABYTE has basically cut out higher-end features and left quality pretty much the same as the rest of its boards, and this comes through when I went to overclock the motherboard and when I turned on the thermal imaging camera to take a look at what really is going on. It's an affordable board which will overclock your CPU like some of the most expensive, while at the same time providing great performance.
Just like every motherboard, there are downsides. The biggest of which is the lack of 8 DIMMs. While 4 DIMMs might be good for small form factors and overclocking motherboards, the X99-UD3P is neither of those. The lack of the extra DIMMs might pose a problem if you choose to increase memory up from the typical 16GB kits currently on the market, but there aren't many circumstances where you need more than 16GB of memory, so the 4 DIMMs shouldn't be a deal breaker for most people.
While the board carries the socket with extra pins, it lacks OC features such as a POST code display which make overclocking simpler. Fan control could also be expanded in the UEFI. Overall I was impressed with the level of quality and performance that a $204 motherboard provides. I am a motherboard fanatic, so I would never skimp or think of skimping on a motherboard for my personal systems, but surprisingly at $204, the X99-UD3P carries the quality and durability of higher priced products.
The only thing keeping the X99-UD3P from selling for more is the lack of extra IO/system connectivity and flare. If you are looking for exceptional bang for your buck in an X99 motherboard, then look no further than the X99-UD3P.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (including Overclocking)||92%|
|Quality including Design and Build||93%|
|Bundle and Packaging||85%|
|Value for Money||95%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||90%|
The Bottom Line: At $204, the X99-UD3P carries the quality and durability of higher priced products. If you are looking for exceptional bang for your buck in an Intel X99 motherboard, then look no further than the X99-UD3P.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X99-UD3P for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X99-UD3P retails for $203.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99-UD3P]
- Page 3 [X99-UD3P Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [X99-UD3P Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel