With two internal speakers and Bluetooth 3.0 support, originally I was sceptical of this speaker as it arrived at my door. I've been reviewing product after product from companies like Braven, Patriot, LUXA2 and more recently, and all of the speakers generally contain a few common shortfalls, mainly based around the bass department.
Although there's a few other products to review first, I opened up the Etekcity T12 and decided to have a listen and what came out blew me away. Read on to find out exactly what this product does better than the rest.
As mentioned previously, the device contains two speakers to help improve your audio experience. These drivers are rated at 3W per driver and with a frequency response of 100Hz - 18KHz.
Connectible to your device of choice through Bluetooth 3.0 and 3.5mm options, this product measures 7.7 X 3.4 X 2.8 (inch) and weighs in at 13.5 ounces. The 2200mAH internal battery will provide you with a claimed 12 hours of playback time. I would assume this is for AUX only and the Bluetooth playback to be closer to eight hours in total. Charged through Micro-USB only, this device comes with a wall power pack for charging at a 1A speed, but a USB port will also charge it just fine.
Pricing & Availability
The first step to making this speaker great in my eyes is the price point. $26.48 from Amazon plus shipping at the time of writing will see you own one of your very own and there's not much more to say than that. The price is amazing for what you get.
What's in the box?
As expected with these speakers, the inclusions are quite simple and limited. The main difference comes in a wall-plugged micro-USB charger. It's not a wall USB adapter either, it's a hardwired 5V 1A charger.
There's the normal inclusion of a 3.5mm AUX cable if you're unable or don't want to use the Bluetooth function, but unfortunately no carry case is included. Back to the wall charger. Even though the product can take inputs up to 5A, it's a little disappointing that they provide only a 1A wall charger with this device. It's worth noting that a normal Micro-USB charger will work just fine, but if you're not providing one it's a shame that the wall fed power isn't making the most of what's available. A 2.1A charging rating minimum would be much better in my opinion.
On a better note, the wall charger cable is quite long, unlike most included cables with various speaker models.
PRICING: You can find the Etekcity RoverBeats T12 Ultra Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look & Listening Experience]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4