Case Build and Finished Product
While our SFX PSU at the front has no PCI-e power leads, that does not mean we can't fit in our video card, and the PSU is high enough to clear longer ones. We didn't have too much trouble getting the motherboard in, but connecting the wiring was challenging due to the limited space.
Once everything else is wired and ready to go, that's when you should mount the 2.5" drive plate back into the chassis, as it will block off most access to the motherboard.
While our Mini-ITX test system does not have a dust shield, we had no issues fitting one. Our issue came was when we installed the GPU, and found it necessary to find help to force the back of the chassis in far enough to align the screws.
With no room for wiring, and only the PSU to screw in and connect, we pretty much have it all covered.
That is at least until we went to replace the panels. We thought it was tough to get the screws out, but it wasn't until we tried to put the panels on and realized that neither side panel aligns well with the chassis that we realize exactly how hard it was. In fact, you can see where the threads ate the side panel just getting them out of the chassis.
While we usually would show the chassis in this context, all ready to test, and then again powered and lit up, we found the damage went as far as breaking the switch. In fact, even after jumping the motherboard and getting the system running, the LEDs did not function, but the USB 3.0 ports were functional.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Battlegrounds updates will soon slow down
- NVIDIA invests in Chinese self-driving truck startup
- Alphacool unveil AMD Radeon RX Vega cooling solutions
- Intel: 8700K is 11% faster than 7700K
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes