Case Build and Finished Product
While our SFX PSU at the front has no PCI-e power leads, that does not mean we can't fit in our video card, and the PSU is high enough to clear longer ones. We didn't have too much trouble getting the motherboard in, but connecting the wiring was challenging due to the limited space.
Once everything else is wired and ready to go, that's when you should mount the 2.5" drive plate back into the chassis, as it will block off most access to the motherboard.
While our Mini-ITX test system does not have a dust shield, we had no issues fitting one. Our issue came was when we installed the GPU, and found it necessary to find help to force the back of the chassis in far enough to align the screws.
With no room for wiring, and only the PSU to screw in and connect, we pretty much have it all covered.
That is at least until we went to replace the panels. We thought it was tough to get the screws out, but it wasn't until we tried to put the panels on and realized that neither side panel aligns well with the chassis that we realize exactly how hard it was. In fact, you can see where the threads ate the side panel just getting them out of the chassis.
While we usually would show the chassis in this context, all ready to test, and then again powered and lit up, we found the damage went as far as breaking the switch. In fact, even after jumping the motherboard and getting the system running, the LEDs did not function, but the USB 3.0 ports were functional.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD teases 8K graphics workload on Radeon RX Vega
- AMD launches dual-GPU Radeon Pro Duo with 32GB of GDDR5
- Dawn of War III PC Steam deals are up to 25% off
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- What Zelda: Breath of the Wild would look like on NES
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club