Case Build and Finished Product
There is plenty of length to the PSU extension cable, as you can see by the coil of excess wrapped around inside where the PSU is mounted to the Z. It is also more obvious that the front bezel wiring will now have to pass in the smaller hole to the left.
They recommend that the PSU be no longer than 170mm, but this unit is only 165mm without the modular connections, and we were almost out of room. While the PSU wiring could be run out of the way, the front I/O wiring is too short to run any way other than across the board. This will also make most users like the idea of an AIO in this chassis, instead of a fan near all that wiring.
While the card fits in the expansions slots, and the screws align well, the issue we did have is with our card's power being needed on the side. This does make for a very tight fit, and is something to consider when choosing your parts.
With the rails back in place, it is easy to see where the AIO would hang in the top two horizontal rails, and the holes are already there for it to sit above the video card. In the lower section, we find the fan still fits with no intrusion on the PSU, and it should keep the motherboard nice and chilly.
The card fits as intended at the top of this chassis. We did test a dust shield, and found the opening was slightly slimmer than most, but with some persuasion, we were able to get it to snap into place.
With a look behind the tray, this time in the proper orientation, it is plainly obvious how all those large cut outs work to keep this chassis as cool as possible. With the video card and PSU drawing in cool outside air, and the fan on the other side doing the same, this positive pressure design is very well thought out.
Here we have the AZZA Z all back together, and in the "foot" that makes this chassis much more stable and resistant to being tipped over. To be honest, there is no real reason this chassis could not lie on the left panel either, and be used horizontally; just use the rubber feet there to lift the chassis.
When the chassis boots up, there is no mistaking that it has power. In this image, you first notice the green LED coming from the three angled bits in the bezel, and the glow in the side panel from the fan. What you cannot discern from this image was the 52dB of noise that that little 120mm fan produced at full speed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [AZZA Z Mini-ITX Gaming Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the AZZA Z]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape from Tarkov closed beta begins next month
- Hardware deals: $229 GTX 1060, $649 desktop with RX 580
- Toshiba announces world's first QLC flash memory
- North Americans to spend most on mobile game purchases
- Google Pixel 2 revealed in a new leak
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus