When it comes to quantity of cables and number of connectors, Thermaltake does a fantastic job of giving you everything that you could possibly need to fully load down the unit. Aside from the issue with the 24-pin Main cable being somewhat unruly without any cable management, it would be nice to see some cables of varying length.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Inside the Toughpower Grand 1050W Platinum power supply is a pair of heat sinks wrapping around various components. Thermaltake adds long cooling fins to increase their effectiveness and reduce the reliance on active cooling.
A pair of Nippon Chemi-con caps sit on the primary side of the power supply.
Nippon Chemi-con and Rubycon capacitors are both present on the secondary side of the Toughpower Grand 1050W Platinum.
Thermaltake uses their own 135mm fan to provide the active cooling for the unit as needed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD