ICY DOCK is known for its solid portfolio of storage solutions. Solutions including adapters from 2.5" to 3.5", along with bay solutions allowing you to mount four 3.5" drive in three 5.25" bays, and even storage enclosures to fit whatever your need may be.
In the lab today, we take a look at the latest EZConvert solution from ICYDOCK, the Air. The EZConvert Air is a 2.5" SATA to 3.5" solution featuring support for drives in the 7 to 15mm z-height size range. The Air features a largely open-air design with a stainless drive tray, allowing maximum airflow to keep your drives cool. Compatibility of the EZConvert Air extends to and 3.5" bay with a SATA connection.
MSRP of the ICYDOCK EZConvert Air is listed at $24.99 with a one-year warranty.
Scope of delivery for the EZConvert Air includes the drive adapter, screws, and reading materials.
Looking at the EZConvert Air, we first noticed the plastic hold down that is spring loaded to keep your drive immobile.
Above, you can see the SATA connections for data and power are placed correctly for wide compatibility.
In the previous image, we installed a SanDisk Optimus SAS SSD as the connection inside the tray carries SAS support. However, the EZConvert does not support SAS for data, so we had to switch over to a SanDisk Extreme II for testing.
As the EZConvert is a straight pass-through device with a SATA bridge, we were able to achieve top performance with the solution as seen above. In our testing, we reached 542 MB/s read and 499 MB/s write.
The ICYDOCK EZConvert Air is a great solution for those wanting to utilize their 2.5" SSD or HDD solutions in a standard 3.5" device. Build quality is quite superb, as the drive tray is stainless steel, with a chrome plating for aesthetics.
Performance was great as well, with the device being a pass-through, we found no loss in performance while utilizing the EZConvert. In testing, we touched 540 MB/s read and 500 MB/s write, the same performance we found having our SanDisk Extreme II connected directly to our SATA 6Gbps ports.
PRICING: You can find the ICY DOCK EZConvert Air for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ICY DOCK EZConvert Air retails for $23.65 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X hits #1 best-selling CPUs on Amazon
- AMD breaking world records with Ryzen 7 1800X already
- 'Rogue One' Blu-ray announced, extras detailed
- I want one: AMD Ryzen CPU review kit looks AMAZING
- NVIDIA to reveal GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on February 28
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood