ICY DOCK is known for its solid portfolio of storage solutions. Solutions including adapters from 2.5" to 3.5", along with bay solutions allowing you to mount four 3.5" drive in three 5.25" bays, and even storage enclosures to fit whatever your need may be.
In the lab today, we take a look at the latest EZConvert solution from ICYDOCK, the Air. The EZConvert Air is a 2.5" SATA to 3.5" solution featuring support for drives in the 7 to 15mm z-height size range. The Air features a largely open-air design with a stainless drive tray, allowing maximum airflow to keep your drives cool. Compatibility of the EZConvert Air extends to and 3.5" bay with a SATA connection.
MSRP of the ICYDOCK EZConvert Air is listed at $24.99 with a one-year warranty.
Scope of delivery for the EZConvert Air includes the drive adapter, screws, and reading materials.
Looking at the EZConvert Air, we first noticed the plastic hold down that is spring loaded to keep your drive immobile.
Above, you can see the SATA connections for data and power are placed correctly for wide compatibility.
In the previous image, we installed a SanDisk Optimus SAS SSD as the connection inside the tray carries SAS support. However, the EZConvert does not support SAS for data, so we had to switch over to a SanDisk Extreme II for testing.
As the EZConvert is a straight pass-through device with a SATA bridge, we were able to achieve top performance with the solution as seen above. In our testing, we reached 542 MB/s read and 499 MB/s write.
The ICYDOCK EZConvert Air is a great solution for those wanting to utilize their 2.5" SSD or HDD solutions in a standard 3.5" device. Build quality is quite superb, as the drive tray is stainless steel, with a chrome plating for aesthetics.
Performance was great as well, with the device being a pass-through, we found no loss in performance while utilizing the EZConvert. In testing, we touched 540 MB/s read and 500 MB/s write, the same performance we found having our SanDisk Extreme II connected directly to our SATA 6Gbps ports.
PRICING: You can find the ICY DOCK EZConvert Air for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ICY DOCK EZConvert Air retails for $23.65 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset