Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts
Since the GIGABYTE Z97N- GAMING 5 is Mini-ITX motherboard, you should expect a cheaper price tag, since you just don't get the same amount of features as bigger, more feature packed motherboards. At the moment, the GIGABYTE Z97N- GAMING 5 is going to set you back at around the mid $100 price point, which comes in as one of the cheaper Z97 motherboards we've looked at too date.
This is the price point that you'd pretty much expect the board to hit at considering the features and overall quality of the board. While you can get larger boards for less, GIGABYTE has really packed a nice set of features into this motherboard considering its size. The Killer networking is a nice addition, along with the improved audio features. Throw in the addition of Bluetooth 4.0 and 802.11ac wireless networking, and you find yourself with a board that really offers quite a decent punch for its size.
When it comes to the bundle, there's not a whole lot included, but due to the size of the board, you don't expect a whole lot in the first place. What really stands out from the bundle would be the inclusion of the antenna that pairs with the wireless networking / Bluetooth card that we just mentioned.
As for the performance, the GIGABYTE Z97N- GAMING 5 does a good job. We would've loved to have seen it paired with an i7 4790K that has more overclocking potential, but overall, considering our particular chip, the overclocking ability of the board was pretty standard when compared to larger full-sized options.
Mini-ITX boards are ultimately boards that you're going to love or hate depending on the kind of system that you want to build. If you're happy to go with something bigger, then you're going to get more features for a price that isn't too much higher. The simple fact is, if you're looking for a smaller system, you don't have any other option. The main thing you want to know is that you're getting a quality Mini-ITX motherboard at a strong price point. Fortunately, we can say that the GIGABYTE Z97N- GAMING 5 offers just that.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z97N-GAMING 5 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The GIGABYTE Z97N-GAMING 5 retails for $153.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Western Digital reveals two 64-layer 3D NAND SSDs
- Win 'Gold' in our Blu-ray giveway!
- LG V30 could have sliding dual displays
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card