Back in November, we had the opportunity to take a look at the DIR-868L as D-Link entered the 802.11ac market. The 868L offered up AC1750 capabilities with 1300Mbps on the 5GHz band and 450Mbps on the 2.4GHz band with a space saving tower design similar to the Apple AirPort.
Today, we shift gears, and move onto the latest solution from D-Link, this time an AC1900 product, dubbed the DIR-880L. The 880L carries the typical desktop form factor, that is to say the router is a low profile rectangular box.
Features of this router include dual band capabilities including 1300Mbps on the 5GHz band and 600Mbps on the 2.4GHz band, giving us the AC1900 marketing label. In addition to this, the DIR-880L is a cloud router, so the ability to manage your router remotely is feasible, and if you setup the integrated Shareport feature, access to the devices USB ports, which have been made available for storage, printers and scanners, is also available.
Pricing, Availability and Specifications
The D-Link DIR-880L is an entry-level 802.11ac solution aimed to bring the latest technology in to the average consumers home. The 880L features two USB ports with one carrying USB 3.0 technology, along with three high gain antennas to aide in increased range ability. Each of the five RJ45 port include gigabit ethernet capability, as to eliminate any network bottlenecks.
The D-Link DIR-880L wireless router is listed at $189.99 with a one-year warranty. This positions the DIR-880L next to the Linksys EA6900, Netgear R7000 and ASUS RT-AC68U in the current market.
PRICING: You can find the D-Link DIR-880L wireless router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The D-Link DIR-880L wireless router retails for $179.88 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform