With the new UHS I U3 standard, many vendors are now introducing their solutions into the market. In our very first U3 SD card review, we took a look at the Kingston SDA3. Today, we switch gears and look at the latest top-tier solution from ADATA.
In the lab today, we have the 128GB Premier Pro, a top of the line solution from ADATA. This new U3 solution features marketing specifications of 95 MB/s read and 60 MB/s write, making it perfect for those that want to shoot high resolution video.
MSRP for the Premier Pro UHS I U3 in the 128GB capacity is set at $109.99 with a lifetime warranty.
The Premier Pro is housed in bubble packaging. The front of the cardboard retainer carries quite a bit of marketing information.
Here we have the back of the packaging. At the top, ADATA has included a table describing how many pictures or how much video can be recorded at each quality setting. As you can see, this card is capable of 160 minutes of 4K video or 965 minutes of Full HD video.
Above, we have our first look at the card itself. On the front, we have the UHS I U3 class designation with expected read and write speeds.
The back of the card carries the same standard pin out as all SD cards.
The ADATA Premier Pro is factory formatted with the exFAT file system. The usable capacity after formatting is 117GB.
Running the ADATA through CDM, we found the card touching 93 MB/s read, just below the prescribed 95 MB/s. Coming in at 66 MB/s, write performance exceeded the 60 MB/s from marketing.
Price/Performance is where the ADATA really stands out. With ADATA pricing the Premier Pro under 1$ per GB, the 128GB model has claimed the top spot in the chart.
The ADATA Premier Pro is a rather good solution for those of you wanting to shoot 4K video, and even for those just shooting HD video, whether it be in the 17Mbps or 9Mbps category. Further, I found no build quality issues with the card; everything worked as it should.
Performance of the Premier Pro in the 128GB capacity was on par with what marketing has said in the specifications, and the card even exceeded the write numbers slightly.
MSRP for the 128GB ADATA Premier Pro UHS I U3 SDXC card is set at $109.99 with a lifetime warranty.
PRICING: You can find the 128GB ADATA Premier Pro UHS I U3 SDXC card for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The 128GB ADATA Premier Pro UHS I U3 SDXC card retails for $109.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Battlefield 1's new screenshots look digitally delicious
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now