Test System Setup and Overclocking
We've got a bunch of boards in our graphs here today that will be sitting alongside the ASUS Z97I PLUS, which we will be running at both stock and overclocked speeds. From the Z97 side of things, we've got the first Z97 board we looked at, the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1, the ASRock Z97 Extreme4, the MSI Z97 GAMING 9 AC, and the GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H. For good measure, we've also included the ASRock Z87 Killer.
Before we get into the performance side of things, we have to see what's going on with overclocking. We headed into the BIOS and adjusted our multiplier to 49x and our BCLK to 102, which brings us in at nearly 5GHz. Unfortunately, we didn't have too much luck at that speed, so we headed back into the BIOS to see what we could do.
Looking above, you can see we stuck with the 49x multiplier but had to drop the BCLK to 100.5. This results in a final clock of 4925.17MHz or 4.93GHz, as shown in our graphs here today. Let's leave it at that and get into the performance side of things to see just what we're dealing with here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve wants to make Source 2 engine free for all devs
- Microsoft buys leading API studio Simplygon
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- Halo 6 won't be Project Scorpio launch game after all
- Tekken 7 release date will be announced next week
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup