Introduction of the ASUS Z97I PLUS
Ever since we saw BitFenix release the Prodigy all that time ago, I've been a huge fan of the tiny Mini-ITX platform. As much as I love the platform, though, I must sadly admit that I've never had my own system based on it. While it really does seem to offer absolutely everything I need, I continue to find myself building systems around the ATX platform instead.
At launches, one of the first companies to send us their Mini-ITX motherboards is ASRock. This time around, however, it comes from the folks over at ASUS in the form of the Z97I PLUS. While the platform is very small, they continue to pack a ton of features.
Today, we want to see if ASUS can continue that trend of strong Mini-ITX motherboards. We'll hopefully see the tiny platform continue to not impact overclocking too much and continue to offer us strong out of the box performance. I can't lie; this is one motherboard I am finding myself really excited to test.
So, let's leave it at that and get stuck into the box and bundle to see just what is going on.
Package - What comes inside the box
While small, you can see that ASUS is able to pack a ton of information on the box. While the front doesn't give us too much outside of the model and brand, after turning the box over, you can see we get a look at the board along with the main specifications of the board.
You can see ASUS is heavily promoting the quality and trust of the product via the 5x Protection, 1000+ Compatible Devices, and 7000+ Validation hours. Below that, you can see mention of the audio and LAN features that are offered.
Moving inside the package, you can see the standard inclusions like manual, driver CD, I/O back plate, four SATA cables, and an EZConnector for your front panel header. Along with that, you can also see an antenna for the Wi-Fi feature along with the connectors that attach to the Wi-Fi card on the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS Z97I PLUS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASUS Z97I PLUS for $179.00 at Amazon.
Australia: The ASUS Z97I PLUS retails for $369.99 AUD at Mighty Ape Australia.
New Zealand: The ASUS Z97I PLUS retails for $399.99 NZD at Mighty Ape NZ.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20