Introduction of the ASUS Z97I PLUS
Ever since we saw BitFenix release the Prodigy all that time ago, I've been a huge fan of the tiny Mini-ITX platform. As much as I love the platform, though, I must sadly admit that I've never had my own system based on it. While it really does seem to offer absolutely everything I need, I continue to find myself building systems around the ATX platform instead.
At launches, one of the first companies to send us their Mini-ITX motherboards is ASRock. This time around, however, it comes from the folks over at ASUS in the form of the Z97I PLUS. While the platform is very small, they continue to pack a ton of features.
Today, we want to see if ASUS can continue that trend of strong Mini-ITX motherboards. We'll hopefully see the tiny platform continue to not impact overclocking too much and continue to offer us strong out of the box performance. I can't lie; this is one motherboard I am finding myself really excited to test.
So, let's leave it at that and get stuck into the box and bundle to see just what is going on.
Package - What comes inside the box
While small, you can see that ASUS is able to pack a ton of information on the box. While the front doesn't give us too much outside of the model and brand, after turning the box over, you can see we get a look at the board along with the main specifications of the board.
You can see ASUS is heavily promoting the quality and trust of the product via the 5x Protection, 1000+ Compatible Devices, and 7000+ Validation hours. Below that, you can see mention of the audio and LAN features that are offered.
Moving inside the package, you can see the standard inclusions like manual, driver CD, I/O back plate, four SATA cables, and an EZConnector for your front panel header. Along with that, you can also see an antenna for the Wi-Fi feature along with the connectors that attach to the Wi-Fi card on the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS Z97I PLUS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASUS Z97I PLUS for $179.00 at Amazon.
Australia: The ASUS Z97I PLUS retails for $369.99 AUD at Mighty Ape Australia.
New Zealand: The ASUS Z97I PLUS retails for $399.99 NZD at Mighty Ape NZ.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- HP releasing Star Wars Special Edition notebook
- GeForce drivers, SLI profile prepare you for Battlefront beta
- Google wants to improve mobile web performance
- HP's 4K FreeSync monitor 'Envy' revealed
- Fly the Small But Mighty SKEYE Pico Drone
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio