We have reviewed other ASUS workstation motherboards before, but this time around, we have one using the new Intel Z97 chipset and revamped UEFI BIOS and utilities to look at.
The motherboard look simple enough but it has a lot under the hood. Let us look at the feature list for this motherboard.
Key features are native third generation PCI Express x16 that also supports NVIDIA 4-Way SLI and AMD 4-Way CrossFireX. ProCool Power Connector eliminates the hollow areas in traditional power connectors, is much stronger, and has better power efficiency. It also allows for better heat dissipation, which allows the connector to run cooler.
Q-code logger lets you log events right to a USB flash drive. The log includes all ASUS Q-Codes in a handy text file. An improved UEFI BIOS includes enhanced overclocking abilities.
There are also new SATA Express ports, M.2 Socket 3, four Memory DIMM's which support 3300MHz O.C./3200MHz O.C./1600MHz up to 32Gb, and improved ASUS SUITE III utility includes enhanced overclocking abilities and 5-way Optimization.
Let us look at the exclusive features of this motherboard:
- ASUS Dual Intelligent Processors 5 with 5-Way Optimization
- CPU Power with 8-phase power design & ASUS CPU power utility.
- DRAM Power with digital 2-phase DRAM power design.
- ASUS EPU, TPU
- Fan Xpert 3 featuring auto tuning and multiple thermistors.
- ASUS Graphics card tuning featuring ASUS video cards power level and fan functions.
- Network iControl featuring instant network bandwidth for top network programs in use.
- USB 3.0 Boost
- USB Charger+ featuring quick charging function for all smart devices.
- Ai Charger+, Disk Unlocker, AI Suite 3, Anti Surge and MemOK!
Now let's take a close look at the package on the next page.