Powerline networking has evolved over the last few years to become a reliable solution to extending wired networks across your home. With powerline solutions, we can move our wired networks from floor to floor in our homes without the need for drilling and fishing Cat-5 cables through walls and floors.
The D-Link 601AV is a powerline solution capable of delivering 600Mbps through your home's existing electrical lines. Each of the endpoints feature gigabit Ethernet connectivity while also supporting power save mode for low energy consumption. When the powerline adapters are at work, D-Link says they consume just 3.7 watts.
MSRP of the D-Link DHP-601AV is set at $99.99 with a one-year warranty.
The DHP-601AV kit came packaged in the standard egg crate. Here you can see both endpoints.
Scope of delivery included a quick install guide, two Ethernet cables, and two adapters.
Looking at the front of the unit, we find a set of LEDs denoting power, quality of your home electrical connection, and LAN connectivity.
The bottom of the adapter house the gigabit LAN connections next to the pairing button.
The back houses the standard plug used in the USA.
Here is the testing layout for the chart that follows.
The DHP-601AV came in at 168Mbps at location one and 123Mbps at location two. When we moved the second endpoint to location three, we found the D-Link to carry the worst throughput at 70.6Mbps.
The D-Link DHP-601AV is a great solution for those wanting to extend their wired network without the ability to run massively long lengths of Cat-5. Yours results will certainly vary based on the quality and age of your home's electrical wiring along with the amount of junctions and devices plugged in.
Build quality of the 601AV kit was pretty good; the plastic housings of the endpoints felt quite good and durable, and the LED lights were enough to let me know the status of the units.
Performance in our testing was good, but it could have been better. This, as stated above, could directly reflect the quality of wiring in my own home, so we shall look for a better solution in testing devices like these. At its peak, we were able to reach 168 Mbps at location one and 70 Mbps at the furthest location.
MSRP of the D-Link DHP-601AV is set at $99.99 with a one-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the D-Link DHP-601AV for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The D-Link DHP-601AV retails for $88.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- PS4 Pro Media Player update includes 4K support
- Colorful's amazing iGame GTX 1080 Ti looks MEAN, FAST
- Nintendo expects Switch to sell 110 million units
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- ASRock B150M PRO4V- Voltage Control ?
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse