MyDlink Baby App
The DCS-825L is not the same as traditional D-Link cloud cameras; rather than give you a full management screen to change settings, they allow you to control every feature of the camera via your smartphone or tablet. Here we initialized the app for iOS and have begun setup.
The setup wizard for the camera guides you through step-by-step. Following this, the camera is very simple to setup, and you will be ready to go in a few minutes.
Once you plug in the camera, it takes a few moments for the LED on the bottom of the unit to turn green indicating you're ready for the next step.
Before you mount your camera, it's worth writing down the Wi-Fi password for the device so you don't have to mess with the camera during setup.
In the next step, you will need to connect to the SSID that says mybabycam.
We can now connect the baby camera to your existing wireless network by entering the network SSID and password.
Here we have completed setup of the camera and have entered the configuration menu. Within this menu, you can set everything from resolution to enabling or disabling event monitors such as motion, temperature, and sound.
Digging deeper into the menus, we entered the event configuration where you can set the temperature range for which to monitor. You can also tweak the sound and motion detection levels.
In these last two images, we take a look through the camera with lighting and with night vision activated. As you can see, it does have a decent amount of clarity in both modes. Notice the temperature is a live feed in the bottom right corner along with motion and sound alerts that pop up as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni