Like the new craze around OTG hybrid drives, microSD cards have had a long and fruitful life without our smartphones. Along with smartphones, microSD cards live in our cameras, camcorders, and even tablets, offering enhanced storage capabilities in a very small form factor.
Leef is a rather new company to the market, with beginnings around 2010. Today, we have the distinct opportunity to look at one of their latest products, the Leef Pro 16GB microSDHC card. This card features UHS I compatibility along with a Speed Class of 10.
Available in capacities ranging from 16GB to 64GB, the MSRP of the Leef Pro is listed at $24.99 for the 16GB and up to $84.99 for the 64GB capacity. Each of these drives come with a five-year warranty.
The Leef Pro came packaged in the standard plastic retainer for the card.
Here we have our first look at the card and included adapter. The front of the card carries a design that would certainly grab your attention in a retail situation.
The Leef Pro is factory formatted with the FAT32 file-system. Usable capacity after formatting is 14.6GB.
Above, you can see the Leef Pro did quite well. We were able to reach 51MB/s read and 12MB/s write.
In our price/performance chart, we found the Leef Pro coming in second to the Strontium Nitro we reviewed a few months back.
With this being my first product from Leef as a company, I came away pleasantly surprised with the level of design and overall aesthetics put into their SDHC card. When a company pays enough attention to design their products to catch your eye, more often than not it's going to be something above the standard.
Performance of the Leef Pro microSDHC card was well within expectations and would be a great solution for point-and-shoot cameras and, of course, smartphones and tablets.
MSRP of the 16GB Leef Pro microSDHC card comes in at $24.99 with a five-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the 16GB Leef Pro microSDHC card for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The 16GB Leef Pro microSDHC card retails for $24.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New leak confirms Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 design
- SAPPHIRE announces 'Mining Edition' Radeon RX cards
- Huawei Honor 9 is now available in Europe
- Vivo first with fingerprint sensor under mobile display
- AMD Vega-based Radeon Pro WX 9100 spotted with 16GB HBM2
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller