Workstations come in all sizes and form factors, from mid-range single-socket systems to powerful dual-socket systems. For a high-end workstation, a user looks at dual-socket 2011 systems to crunch though massive datasets used in video encoding, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or other types of applications that need heavy duty power.
The Z9PE-D8 WS workstation motherboard has been out for a while now, and it is the go-to motherboard for many when building high-end workstations or even servers.
This motherboard has a huge set of features, so let us look at what this motherboard has to offer.
- Enhanced parallel GPU computing power with seven PCIe-x16 3.0 slots.
- The motherboard is able to use many different types of memory.
- The Z9PE-D8 WS provides Server-level compatibility with RAID and LAN cards.
- One click SSD Caching boosts system performance.
- Extra SATA 6 Gb/s ports.
- DTS Connect to improve your PC audio experience.
- The Z9PE-D8 WS also supports 4-way SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX.
- Support for Intel Xeon Phi 3100 Coprocessor series (active fan SKU only) and NVIDIA Tesla K20C GPU accelerators.
Let us look at what you get in the retail package.
Looking at the front of the retail box, it shows many of the features that this motherboard has to offer. The retail box actually has an outer sleeve that fits over the whole box that opens up to show the feature list.
Looking at the back of the retail box, we again see a breakdown of additional features of the motherboard.
Taking the other sleeve off and opening up the retail box, we can see the motherboard packed in its anti-static bag.
After we remove the motherboard, we find two accessory boxes in the bottom of the retail box. You can see by the list this motherboard comes with just about anything you might ever need.
The total list of accessories is:
- Two Driver DVDs
- User's manual
- ASUS Q-Shield
- Two COM port cables
- Eight SATA 3Gb/s cables
- Six SATA 6Gb/s cables
- One 3-Way SLI bridge
- One 4-Way SLI bridge
- One SLI bridge
- One 2-port USB 2.0 + 1394 bracket
In one of the boxes, we find a mix of SATA cables and SLI bridges.
Accessories include plenty of extra ports that connect to headers on the motherboard.
Here we see the user manual, driver disks, and I/O plate.
Yes, we prefer printed user manuals over a PDF.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- Xbox boss says Nintendo has 'bold vision' with Switch
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system