Workstations come in all sizes and form factors, from mid-range single-socket systems to powerful dual-socket systems. For a high-end workstation, a user looks at dual-socket 2011 systems to crunch though massive datasets used in video encoding, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or other types of applications that need heavy duty power.
The Z9PE-D8 WS workstation motherboard has been out for a while now, and it is the go-to motherboard for many when building high-end workstations or even servers.
This motherboard has a huge set of features, so let us look at what this motherboard has to offer.
- Enhanced parallel GPU computing power with seven PCIe-x16 3.0 slots.
- The motherboard is able to use many different types of memory.
- The Z9PE-D8 WS provides Server-level compatibility with RAID and LAN cards.
- One click SSD Caching boosts system performance.
- Extra SATA 6 Gb/s ports.
- DTS Connect to improve your PC audio experience.
- The Z9PE-D8 WS also supports 4-way SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX.
- Support for Intel Xeon Phi 3100 Coprocessor series (active fan SKU only) and NVIDIA Tesla K20C GPU accelerators.
Let us look at what you get in the retail package.
Looking at the front of the retail box, it shows many of the features that this motherboard has to offer. The retail box actually has an outer sleeve that fits over the whole box that opens up to show the feature list.
Looking at the back of the retail box, we again see a breakdown of additional features of the motherboard.
Taking the other sleeve off and opening up the retail box, we can see the motherboard packed in its anti-static bag.
After we remove the motherboard, we find two accessory boxes in the bottom of the retail box. You can see by the list this motherboard comes with just about anything you might ever need.
The total list of accessories is:
- Two Driver DVDs
- User's manual
- ASUS Q-Shield
- Two COM port cables
- Eight SATA 3Gb/s cables
- Six SATA 6Gb/s cables
- One 3-Way SLI bridge
- One 4-Way SLI bridge
- One SLI bridge
- One 2-port USB 2.0 + 1394 bracket
In one of the boxes, we find a mix of SATA cables and SLI bridges.
Accessories include plenty of extra ports that connect to headers on the motherboard.
Here we see the user manual, driver disks, and I/O plate.
Yes, we prefer printed user manuals over a PDF.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung talks about building a 10K mobile display for VR
- Gears of War 4 requires a huge 80GB HDD space on the PC
- Battlefield 1 single player trailer teases Frostbite
- NVIDIA to reveal next-gen Volta architecture at GTC 2017
- Volta-based GeForce cards coming in 2018 with 48GB GDDR6
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now