Workstations come in all sizes and form factors, from mid-range single-socket systems to powerful dual-socket systems. For a high-end workstation, a user looks at dual-socket 2011 systems to crunch though massive datasets used in video encoding, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or other types of applications that need heavy duty power.
The Z9PE-D8 WS workstation motherboard has been out for a while now, and it is the go-to motherboard for many when building high-end workstations or even servers.
This motherboard has a huge set of features, so let us look at what this motherboard has to offer.
- Enhanced parallel GPU computing power with seven PCIe-x16 3.0 slots.
- The motherboard is able to use many different types of memory.
- The Z9PE-D8 WS provides Server-level compatibility with RAID and LAN cards.
- One click SSD Caching boosts system performance.
- Extra SATA 6 Gb/s ports.
- DTS Connect to improve your PC audio experience.
- The Z9PE-D8 WS also supports 4-way SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX.
- Support for Intel Xeon Phi 3100 Coprocessor series (active fan SKU only) and NVIDIA Tesla K20C GPU accelerators.
Let us look at what you get in the retail package.
Looking at the front of the retail box, it shows many of the features that this motherboard has to offer. The retail box actually has an outer sleeve that fits over the whole box that opens up to show the feature list.
Looking at the back of the retail box, we again see a breakdown of additional features of the motherboard.
Taking the other sleeve off and opening up the retail box, we can see the motherboard packed in its anti-static bag.
After we remove the motherboard, we find two accessory boxes in the bottom of the retail box. You can see by the list this motherboard comes with just about anything you might ever need.
The total list of accessories is:
- Two Driver DVDs
- User's manual
- ASUS Q-Shield
- Two COM port cables
- Eight SATA 3Gb/s cables
- Six SATA 6Gb/s cables
- One 3-Way SLI bridge
- One 4-Way SLI bridge
- One SLI bridge
- One 2-port USB 2.0 + 1394 bracket
In one of the boxes, we find a mix of SATA cables and SLI bridges.
Accessories include plenty of extra ports that connect to headers on the motherboard.
Here we see the user manual, driver disks, and I/O plate.
Yes, we prefer printed user manuals over a PDF.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis