CalDigit T3 Thunderbolt RAID
Packaging for the T3 has a nice image of the enclosure front and center; around the box, we notice the bright color choices attracting our eyes. Features of the T3 are listed out along the left side.
Scope of delivery includes the power adapter, tray keys, and the enclosure. Something of noteworthiness is a Thunderbolt cable is not included with the T3; you can purchase it from CalDigit for $29.99.
The front of the CalDigit T3 carries the same drive tray design as the AV Pro we reviewed awhile back. Each tray is numbered to the right, with corresponding LEDs at the bottom. The entirety of the main frame of the enclosure is a single piece aluminum enclosure, with both the front and back being separate pieces of aluminum.
The backside of the enclosure houses a lock slot, dual Thunderbolt ports, and the power connection. Above the connections is a 80mm fan for cooling the internal components and drives.
The drives included in our sample of the CalDigit T3 came in three modules, each being 2TB models manufactured by Toshiba.
The Thunderbolt controller used in the T3 is the DSL3510L, a four channel PCIe 2.0 x4 design.
To bridge the SATA interface to PCIe, CalDigit chose to use three of the ASMedia ASM1061 6Gb/s capable controllers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Win 'Gold' in our Blu-ray giveway!
- LG V30 could have sliding dual displays
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards