CalDigit T3 Thunderbolt RAID
Packaging for the T3 has a nice image of the enclosure front and center; around the box, we notice the bright color choices attracting our eyes. Features of the T3 are listed out along the left side.
Scope of delivery includes the power adapter, tray keys, and the enclosure. Something of noteworthiness is a Thunderbolt cable is not included with the T3; you can purchase it from CalDigit for $29.99.
The front of the CalDigit T3 carries the same drive tray design as the AV Pro we reviewed awhile back. Each tray is numbered to the right, with corresponding LEDs at the bottom. The entirety of the main frame of the enclosure is a single piece aluminum enclosure, with both the front and back being separate pieces of aluminum.
The backside of the enclosure houses a lock slot, dual Thunderbolt ports, and the power connection. Above the connections is a 80mm fan for cooling the internal components and drives.
The drives included in our sample of the CalDigit T3 came in three modules, each being 2TB models manufactured by Toshiba.
The Thunderbolt controller used in the T3 is the DSL3510L, a four channel PCIe 2.0 x4 design.
To bridge the SATA interface to PCIe, CalDigit chose to use three of the ASMedia ASM1061 6Gb/s capable controllers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel teases next-gen Optane tech, requires Kaby Lake
- HyperX ships more than 2 million headsets in three years
- The latest, and nearly final shots of the Galaxy S8
- Android 8.0 Oreo teased, should be unveiled soon
- Samsung to unveil four new VR/AR projects at MWC 2017
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood
- New Final Fantasy XV content including 'booster pack+' release and NieR: Automata collaboration now available
- BC1 wins IF design award
- Battle trailer introduces NieR: Automata main weapon types