CalDigit T3 Thunderbolt RAID
Packaging for the T3 has a nice image of the enclosure front and center; around the box, we notice the bright color choices attracting our eyes. Features of the T3 are listed out along the left side.
Scope of delivery includes the power adapter, tray keys, and the enclosure. Something of noteworthiness is a Thunderbolt cable is not included with the T3; you can purchase it from CalDigit for $29.99.
The front of the CalDigit T3 carries the same drive tray design as the AV Pro we reviewed awhile back. Each tray is numbered to the right, with corresponding LEDs at the bottom. The entirety of the main frame of the enclosure is a single piece aluminum enclosure, with both the front and back being separate pieces of aluminum.
The backside of the enclosure houses a lock slot, dual Thunderbolt ports, and the power connection. Above the connections is a 80mm fan for cooling the internal components and drives.
The drives included in our sample of the CalDigit T3 came in three modules, each being 2TB models manufactured by Toshiba.
The Thunderbolt controller used in the T3 is the DSL3510L, a four channel PCIe 2.0 x4 design.
To bridge the SATA interface to PCIe, CalDigit chose to use three of the ASMedia ASM1061 6Gb/s capable controllers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni