Extender Setup and Management Interface
When first connecting to the extender, you will be greeted with the screen above. Here, you can choose to use the scan button to search out networks to connect to and extend.
If you want to do things manually, or need to change settings later on, the wireless settings are broken down into two sections. The first section is the Home Network, which is the network you want to extend, and second is the Extended Network. Above, we have the 5GHz settings, but you will find the same layout in the 2.4GHz band as well.
Here, you can change the SSID of the extended network, along with the band on which it broadcasts.
Within the advanced settings, you will find a few ways to tweak the connection on the 5GHz band. One thing I would recommend here is to enable Tx Beamforming, if you have AC devices.
The IP configuration page allows you to setup the extended networks IP range.
The wired ports on the REA20 can be configured to use the 2.4 or 5GHz networks as the incoming connection. Here, I would only go for 5GHz if your extender has a good signal to the home network.
The management settings allow you to view the traffic coming through the extender, along with upgrading firmware, or resetting the extender to defaults.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives