In the external storage market, there is a plethora of top to bottom solutions catered to fit any user's need. Now that solid state storage has begun its decent into the 50 cent per GB range, we are increasingly seeing options that include the technology.
In the beginning of the year, we had the opportunity to look over, and review, the SSD2go from Angelbird. Coming away from that review, I couldn't wait to get my hands on another one of their products. Today, after much anticipation, we have the latest release from Angelbird in house: the SSD2go Pro.
The new SSD2go Pro differs from the previous generation, in that it has storage capacities of 320 and 640GB in a single drive, whereas the previous generation allowed capacities up to 480GB in a single enclosure. The focus of Angelbird has always been on quality; using top tier components to manufacture their solutions. This means everything from the PCB to the controller, and even NAND and DRAM, is cherry picked, and hand built-in house.
This new SSD2go has undergone some design changes. Where the previous generation still used high quality parts (such as the SandForce SF2281 controller and high quality Micron NAND), this new design features the same top tier Micron NAND, but also serves as an introduction for the Novachips "Bugatti" controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications