In the external storage market, there is a plethora of top to bottom solutions catered to fit any user's need. Now that solid state storage has begun its decent into the 50 cent per GB range, we are increasingly seeing options that include the technology.
In the beginning of the year, we had the opportunity to look over, and review, the SSD2go from Angelbird. Coming away from that review, I couldn't wait to get my hands on another one of their products. Today, after much anticipation, we have the latest release from Angelbird in house: the SSD2go Pro.
The new SSD2go Pro differs from the previous generation, in that it has storage capacities of 320 and 640GB in a single drive, whereas the previous generation allowed capacities up to 480GB in a single enclosure. The focus of Angelbird has always been on quality; using top tier components to manufacture their solutions. This means everything from the PCB to the controller, and even NAND and DRAM, is cherry picked, and hand built-in house.
This new SSD2go has undergone some design changes. Where the previous generation still used high quality parts (such as the SandForce SF2281 controller and high quality Micron NAND), this new design features the same top tier Micron NAND, but also serves as an introduction for the Novachips "Bugatti" controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- DOOM Rebooted will get a physical deluxe soundtrack release
- Radical Heights - first patch, new gun/performance increases
- Sea of Thieves patch 1.0.4, Rares attempt at stability
- Insomniacs Spider-Man leaked screenshots tease two villains
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- FS 30 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $7,740
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit