In the external storage market, there is a plethora of top to bottom solutions catered to fit any user's need. Now that solid state storage has begun its decent into the 50 cent per GB range, we are increasingly seeing options that include the technology.
In the beginning of the year, we had the opportunity to look over, and review, the SSD2go from Angelbird. Coming away from that review, I couldn't wait to get my hands on another one of their products. Today, after much anticipation, we have the latest release from Angelbird in house: the SSD2go Pro.
The new SSD2go Pro differs from the previous generation, in that it has storage capacities of 320 and 640GB in a single drive, whereas the previous generation allowed capacities up to 480GB in a single enclosure. The focus of Angelbird has always been on quality; using top tier components to manufacture their solutions. This means everything from the PCB to the controller, and even NAND and DRAM, is cherry picked, and hand built-in house.
This new SSD2go has undergone some design changes. Where the previous generation still used high quality parts (such as the SandForce SF2281 controller and high quality Micron NAND), this new design features the same top tier Micron NAND, but also serves as an introduction for the Novachips "Bugatti" controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Stadia's save sharing feature is revolutionary
- Games titan Tencent earns $45 billion in 2018
- Capcom release Devil May Cry 5 soundtrack on Spotify/Steam
- Sixth Goku iteration added to Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Kotal Kahn gets bodied in his own Mortal Kombat 11 reveal
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023