As the need for mobile storage has continues to grow, we have had the opportunity to look at some of the highest performing and highest capacity micro SD cards that have come to market.
Today, we have the distinct opportunity to look over and share our thoughts on the Strontium Nitro 64GB microSD. The Nitro is a high performance UHS I memory card catering to the capacity and performance needs of users of Android smartphones and tablets.
Additionally, Strontium has also labelled their card with Windows Phone compatibility, which being a Windows Phone user, something I find comforting. Marketing documentation specifies 85 MB/s read with write speeds following UHS I certifications. Warranty is listed as lifetime.
Our sample included the retail accommodations, so here we have a SD to microSD adapter, along with a USB card reader for the microSDXC card.
Looking over the card, we can see the card is branded with Strontium's color scheme. The capacity of the drive is listed to the left with the UHS I class I logo to the right.
The backside of the card shows the pin out of the microSDXC card.
To test the capabilities of media cards, we utilize both CrystalDiskMark and DiskBench. The card reader utilized in these test is the SanDisk ImageMate SDDR 289.
Our first look over the card shows its storage capacity of 58.9GB formatted in the exFAT file system.
Looking over our results from CrystalDiskMark, we find the Nitro was capable of 83.2 MB/s read, with write numbers touching 22 MB/s.
In our first chart, we have our results from DiskBench. Above, you can see the Strontium did meet UHS I specifications, touching at least 10 MB/s in all three write tests. Peak performance was obtained from RAW image files.
In our price/performance index, we found the Strontium just below the SanDisk microSDXC.
Being that this is the first product that I have had the chance to look at from Strontium, it does give off a good first impression. The card carries ample performance for recording HD video and massive capacity to hold all the pictures your heart desires.
To be more specific, we found the card capable of 83 MB/s read and 22 MB/s write. While DiskBench results did show the card wasn't the quickest we have seen, it did offer plenty performance for everyday use.
Pricing of the 64GB Strontium Nitro microSDXC card is listed at $82.99.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 7 owners drill hole to find hidden headphone jack
- Google's 4K-ready Chromecast Ultra teased at just $69
- Microsoft rumored to launch Surface Phone in 2017
- Conjur up a free Blu-ray in our 'Conjuring 2' giveaway!
- Philadelphia 76ers acquire eSports teams Dignitas, Apex
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now